XML Sitemap Generator v2.6

will this work with 1.3.5 sp4

Nope…

[quote name=‘flasher’]will this work with 1.3.5 sp4[/QUOTE]

everyone needs to upgrade to v2.06, support for the 1.3.5+ branch is becoming more non-existent by the day…

Guys

I have my store set up with seo on as domain.com/category1/category2/seo-name.html

However the sitemap generator is outputting domain.com/seo-name.html in the sitemap.xml file

Is this correct and how it’s supposed to work or have I done something wrong?

Cheers

[quote name=‘Wellsy69’]Guys

I have my store set up with seo on as domain.com/category1/category2/seo-name.html

However the sitemap generator is outputting domain.com/seo-name.html in the sitemap.xml file

Is this correct and how it’s supposed to work or have I done something wrong?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Edit this

“Product/page SEF URL format:”

in

domain.com/admin.php?dispatch=addons.update&addon=seo

The sitemap.xml output simply uses the SEO name in the database. It does not currently honor any settings in the SEO addon and attempt to build the path based on that. There is no way for it to know which categories (that the product is associated with) to use in the URL.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Edit this

“Product/page SEF URL format:”

in

domain.com/admin.php?dispatch=addons.update&addon=seo[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. Looks like I’ll change to seo without categories then. Not ideal as I would have liked the keywords from the categories in the url (I could stick them in the html page part but it would be too long for my liking).

[QUOTE]The sitemap.xml output simply uses the SEO name in the database. It does not currently honor any settings in the SEO addon and attempt to build the path based on that. There is no way for it to know which categories (that the product is associated with) to use in the URL.[/QUOTE]

I’m surprised that there’s no way for it to know as, if Cs-Cart can tell what category something is in and display that in the breadcrumbs then I would think other apps could too? However I’m not a coder so I’m just assuming.

I’ll stick to just the product name then. Good work on the addon guys.

I'm surprised that there's no way for it to know as, if Cs-Cart can tell what category something is in and display that in the breadcrumbs then I would think other apps could too?

I’m not saying it can’t, just saying that currently it doesn’t.

So if this product belonged to 6 different categories, which would you want in the sitemap? Of course it would be possible to create 6 different product entries, but it really isn’t 6 different products.

Question: is the seo URL generated showing the product detail page? I.e. is yoursite.com/product_name.html resolving to the product detail? If so, then everything is working perfectly from a sitemap perspective.

Ah sorry, when you said:

[QUOTE]There is no way for it to know which categories (that the product is associated with) to use in the URL.[/QUOTE]

I assumed you meant there’s no way at all.

For me personally I only ever have a product in one category so it would never be an issue. Obviously for others who put the same product in several categories it would be. Perhaps a future release (when a later update of cs-cart happens) could have something along the lines of:

if product is linked to more than one category then just have the product.html else have the category/product.html (haha a quality piece of coding there by me :D) Again thats assuming thats even possible to do.

Everything is working fine, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing I could do with the category side of it.

[quote name=‘Wellsy69’]if product is linked to more than one category then just have the product.html else have the category/product.html (haha a quality piece of coding there by me :D) Again thats assuming thats even possible to do.[/QUOTE]

My take is that it should work like product export and only use the primary category.

Bob

My take is that it should only resolve the the product.html. Categories are for other SEO type actions, a sitemap is intended to show unique items/pages on a site not be synthesized with categories, tags, languages, etc.

Why not allow the 65.000 + products

How do I remove this restriction

LIMIT 15000+ :(…

I have 65.000 products

```php ////////////////////////////// BEGIN - PRODUCTS

if (Registry::get(‘addons.xml_sitemap.inc_products’) == ‘Y’)

{

$products_all = db_get_array(“SELECT product_id FROM ?:products WHERE status='A’LIMIT 15000”);

$pages = $news = $getvariants = $products = $categories = array();

while (list(, $items) = each($products_all))

$products[] = $items[‘product_id’];

}

////////////////////////////// END - PRODUCTS ```

How is your 65.000 products problem? It’s a good test for cs-cart!!!

I’m looking forward to your result.

i found an error

when make an update sitemap this is the error

[COLOR=“Red”]Warning: file_put_contents(sitemap.xml) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in demo/core/fn.fs.php on line 537[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘attila’]i found an error

when make an update sitemap this is the error

Warning: file_put_contents(sitemap.xml) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in demo/core/fn.fs.php on line 537[/QUOTE]

then you have an error in your site permissions for the directory where your cart is located.

Great!!!

thank you very much

Thank you! I will add it to my cart!

LIMIT 15000+ …

I have 65.000 products

I can show no more than 15.000 products

65.000 + products

error does not appear

but

blank page is

not url

What does your PHP error log say? I’d guess you’re either running out of memory or time.