might

xml_sitemap 2,04

LIMIT : 30,000 products

------------------------------------

xml_sitemap 2,06

LIMIT : 15,000 products

---------------------------------------------

LIMIT : 15,000+ products

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5419930 bytes) in /home/alterna/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 537

config.local.php

• PHP options

*/

// Disable notices displaying

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

// Set maximum memory limit

@ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘[COLOR=“Red”]128M[/COLOR]’);

Do you have any interest in it

work like a charm. Thanks a lot!

I’m trying to upload the sitemap.xml file into my google base, but it’s coming back saying it couldn’t be imported due to errors in the sitemap script. Incompatible structure.

Am I the only one running into problems importing sitemap data into google…? :confused:

(I’m currently running cs-cart 2.0.6)

Thanks!

you don’t need to import anything, you just log into your google webmaster tools and create a new sitemap and paste the link to your sitemap, example:

[url]Fastest Web Hosting Services | Buy High Quality Hosting

Thanks - Sno

Works great for me.

Just a question: Does it follow the guidelines for sitemaps? (no more than 50,000 URLs per sitemap, no more than 10MB per sitemap)

Google Sitemap Guidelines

[quote name=‘snorocket’]you don’t need to import anything, you just log into your google webmaster tools and create a new sitemap and paste the link to your sitemap, example:

[url]Fastest Web Hosting Services | Buy High Quality Hosting

Thanks - Sno[/QUOTE]

ahhhhh… I was trying to submit it to Google Base, not webmaster tools. Works great now! Thanks!

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]My take is that it should only resolve the the product.html. Categories are for other SEO type actions, a sitemap is intended to show unique items/pages on a site not be synthesized with categories, tags, languages, etc.[/QUOTE]

The problem with not having the categories in a sitemap, is that if you use categories in seo urls (which is actually favorable for seo) google will index BOTH and you end up with duplicate content.

I already have urls with categories indexed from 1.3.5 and am afraid of getting dinged by google. There are outside links to these pages that I cannot change, and there are too many urls to forward. I have worked too hard to get our site where we are and dont want to lose ground.

The sitemap created for 1.3.5 had categories withe the correct path. I don’t quite understand the architect of 2.0, so I don’t understand why categories can’t be included. I am hoping someone will have a solution, paid or not, to this issue soon.

No one is saying it can’t be done. Just that no one is stepping up to do it. One of the great things about free software is that someone has to motivated to make a change for it to happen. The prior version didn’t even have any SEO nor did it write to a sitemap.xml file nor did it do it on a frequency. Both Sno and I are trying to make a living and don’t really have time to keep enhancing things for other people’s benefit. The code is there if you want to add category support. But for each product you’ll have to find what categories it belongs to and create a separate entry for each or devise a strategy whereby it only uses the primary category. Note that category names are already there, but not associated with any particular product (what the value of that is I don’t know, but that’s what was done).

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]No one is saying it can’t be done. Just that no one is stepping up to do it. One of the great things about free software is that someone has to motivated to make a change for it to happen. [/QUOTE]

I totally understand. If someone is willing to achieve this, I am willing to pay…

[quote name=‘moka’]I totally understand. If someone is willing to achieve this, I am willing to pay…[/QUOTE]

If anyone is interested in having categories in their product url, webgraphiq has one for a reasonable price!

Sitemap works wrong.

My site is configured to show seo category names as this

domain.com/category/

domain.com/category/subcategory/

in sitemap.xml I see this

domain.com/category.html

domain.com/subcategory.html

Damn google indexed these, now I had to 301 ~100 entries :slight_smile:

someone thrown some money Tony’s way and maybe it will get fixed…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]someone thrown some money Tony’s way and maybe it will get fixed…[/QUOTE]

Maybe does not sound well :slight_smile:

Hi

Have implemented on 2.0.7 and works great.

Fantastic effort guys!!!

BarryH

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Hi

Have implemented on 2.0.7 and works great.

Fantastic effort guys!!!

BarryH[/QUOTE]

If you show categories on sitemap make sure, actual links if seo used are same in your cart and sitemap.

[quote name=‘Darius’]If you show categories on sitemap make sure, actual links if seo used are same in your cart and sitemap.[/QUOTE]

Hi, yes they are. We double checked by cutting and pasting and 100%

BarryH

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Hi, yes they are. We double checked by cutting and pasting and 100%

BarryH[/QUOTE]

Cutting and pasting?

my categories look like

domain.com/category/subcategory/

in sitemap this is presented as

domain.com/category/subcategory.html

or

domain.com/subcategory.html

cant remember now

Version 2.0.7 is not working good. For example category root is OK, but sub-category have correct format [url]http://www.domain.com/roo-cat/sub-cat.html[/url]

final address in XML is [url]http://www.domain.com/sub-cat.html[/url]

[quote name=‘MimiWatch’]Version 2.0.7 is not working good. For example category root is OK, but sub-category have correct format [url]http://www.domain.com/roo-cat/sub-cat.html[/url]

final address in XML is [url]http://www.domain.com/sub-cat.html[/url][/QUOTE]

It is not cs-cart fault. xml sitemap generator works different from cs-cart. Sno has no time to fix it.

[quote name=‘Darius’]It is not cs-cart fault. xml sitemap generator works different from cs-cart. Sno has no time to fix it.[/QUOTE]

That sucks…