Would like feedback and constructive criticism on CS-Cart Site.

Dear CS-Cart Community,

Just wanted to see if I could get some feedback and constructive criticism on my CS-Cart website from the gurus and shop owners.

Any tips or advice on appearance, usability, SEO optimization would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

The website is http://www.epiccosplay.com

Your

is spam.

Interesting.I looked at all the top ranking sites for “cosplay wig” and found they they use the same structure for their sites.

Please see an example here:

[url]http://www.cosplaymagic.com/[/url]

If you have suggestions of what should go there instead, it would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Darius is right. You are using the same keywords for every page in your site. Keywords should be customized per page ideally. You also have way too many keywords, 10 is the suggested maximum. Just because one of your competitors is doing that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. They may have a higher ranking for a number of other reasons.

Try the SenSEO addon for Firefox and test your pages with some of your keywords. I did using one of your keywords “Air Gear Emily Adachi Cosplay wig” and you scored a 52/100. That’s bad.

You might get some responses about how keywords may not be that relevant to rankings, and that’s subject to debate, but my opinion is that you should do everything you can by adjusting your META tags to relevant content on each of your product pages. It certainly wont hurt your rankings, that’s for certain.

The usibility for user site is very bad. Thats my meaning. Bad colors to read the font, not harmonized font size for the welcome text… so far for a qick view.

Site looks rather professional overall, however, I agree in that the purple text on the top tabs is difficult to read.

Also, the models, although quite gorgeous, appear to be of a plastic like substance.

[SIZE=4]The only text on your home page is:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]"A big warm THANK YOU to all our friends and fans who came out to support us at Fanime Con!! The con was such a huge success for us, so we want to extend our appreciation by offering free limited-time U.S. shipping!! "[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Everything else is graphics. [/SIZE][SIZE=4]How do you expect to get ranked in search engines? [/SIZE]

[quote]

Darius is right. You are using the same keywords for every page in your site. Keywords should be customized per page ideally. You also have way too many keywords, 10 is the suggested maximum. Just because one of your competitors is doing that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. They may have a higher ranking for a number of other reasons.

[/quote]

Thanks Chris and Darius. Will take a look at that addon and get the keywords in line. Are you saying that every link when visited will have the same keywords listed?

[quote]

Site looks rather professional overall, however, I agree in that the purple text on the top tabs is difficult to read.

Also, the models, although quite gorgeous, appear to be of a plastic like substance.

[/quote]

Thanks Triplex and Struck… I wanted to change the black background (this is the electro skin) but I don’t know how. :frowning:

Is there a file somewhere with a color code that I can replace?

Yes, the model “Svetlana” is quite gorgeous. No flaws whatsoever other than she is a Mannequin. :frowning:

[quote]

Everything else is graphics. How do you expect to get ranked in search engines?

[/quote]

Good point. Any pointers on the density of keywords versus content? Lots of keywords our marketing blurbs like “These are why you should buy bla bla bla work better?”.

Thanks again for the feedback so far. Completely new to running a webstore so appreciate the opportunity to learn from the community.

[quote name=‘cosplaydna’]

Good point. Any pointers on the density of keywords versus content? Lots of keywords our marketing blurbs like “These are why you should buy bla bla bla work better?”. [/quote]

Use graphics for graphics and use real text for text. Do not build the text into your graphics. Use CSS to format your text to look like a graphic.