Wishlist Views

I am curious as to how to view all “wishlist” products from the backend?

thanks

[quote name='cmebd' timestamp='1308299616' post='115133']

I am curious as to how to view all “wishlist” products from the backend?

thanks

[/quote]

Login to the backend → Orders → User Carts

Terrific - thanks for the response. Though I found “a” listing under Users → Abandoned/LiveCarts. However this means that I would need to open each and every “Unregistered Customer” record to find out what products/wishlist is in their cart.

A couple more questions on this one:

1. Why would an “unregistered customer” have access to a wishlist? Otherwise anyone could come on to the site and fill a wishlist with products that may not “really” be as popular as it initially appears. Negating any benefit for purchasing requirements.

2. Is there a way to filter the list to only include the “Wishlist Content” column as opposed to both Wish List and (abandoned) Cart Content.

Next question: Is it possible to get a list of Wish List “product” - other information not absolutely necessary however customer info/name/id may be of benefit.

Thanks for any help.

cheers

Note: So sorry for dredging up a long forgotten post… This came up in a search and I saw may, but not 2011. :-(

[quote name=‘cmebd’ timestamp=‘1308349460’ post=‘115198’]

1. Why would an “unregistered customer” have access to a wishlist? Otherwise anyone could come on to the site and fill a wishlist with products that may not “really” be as popular as it initially appears. Negating any benefit for purchasing requirements.

[/quote]

Over 99% of your first time visitors won’t make a purchase thus you want to find ways to engage them, connect and earn a chance to get them back for another shot. The theory of the unregistered wishlist is that it’s low barrier so people return to it. The problem of course is that between device switching and just plain forgetfulness people have a hard time ever using this list again.

That said, a lengthy registration process (more than a name / email) is a big hindrance to initial list creation.

[quote]

2. Is there a way to filter the list to only include the “Wishlist Content” column as opposed to both Wish List and (abandoned) Cart Content.[/quote]

I’m not sure if you can filter down the report results but what data is it that you want to know? Perhaps we can pull together a little query to go right to the underlying info and make something more actionable.

[quote name=‘giftery.me’ timestamp=‘1336752773’ post=‘136258’]

Note: So sorry for dredging up a long forgotten post… This came up in a search and I saw may, but not 2011. :-(

Over 99% of your first time visitors won’t make a purchase thus you want to find ways to engage them, connect and earn a chance to get them back for another shot. The theory of the unregistered wishlist is that it’s low barrier so people return to it. The problem of course is that between device switching and just plain forgetfulness people have a hard time ever using this list again.

That said, a lengthy registration process (more than a name / email) is a big hindrance to initial list creation.

I’m not sure if you can filter down the report results but what data is it that you want to know? Perhaps we can pull together a little query to go right to the underlying info and make something more actionable.

[/quote]

You are right, but I don’t see the real benefit of this since strangely CS-CART is the ONLY cart I have tested that don’t allow you to SEND the wishlist to your e-mail or a friend’s email!