WiredTree VPS Hosting

All I can say is WOW! I started my CS-Cart site on GoDaddy 2 months ago and had nothing but problems and slow database queries/response. My business did better than expected out of the gate so I was able to afford a more professional hosting solution and from the recommendations here decided on WiredTree VPS 768.

The speed compared to GoDaddy is unbelievable performance increase, and the admin side is lightning quick. At first WiredTree gave me some hassle about transferring my CS-Cart from Godaddy becasue it was shared hosting without a C-Panel, but they were able to just grab the root files, rebuild the databases and boom the site was running in about half a Saturday, they even re-keyed my SSL.

Thanks to everyone at WiredTree and I highly recommend anyone left at GoDaddy make a change you can't believe what a difference until you actually experience it with your own site.

[quote name='jhagg' timestamp='1310889722' post='117474']

Thanks to everyone at WiredTree and I highly recommend anyone left at GoDaddy make a change you can't believe what a difference until you actually experience it with your own site.

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your experience with VPS in WiredTree.

What package did you choose, the VPS768 or the VPS512? Did they optimize your site for cs-cart or it was the “default” package?

They told me I would be fine on the VPS512, but I went ahead with the VPS768. I am told that it is literally a push of a button if you want to upgrade or downgrade from there, so I wasn't too worried about the choice. I think I have the perfect setup and won't change it. I let them know I had CS-Cart up front and that it would be database/processor intensive and they set they would make sure everything was set right for it. I don't know if they literally made custom adjustments to it or not, I actually doubt it, probably a standard setup.

You can find a 1/3 your first month coupon on webhostingtalk.com for them and I also heard they are leveling up the packages soon so a 512 will become a 768 at no extra charge etc…I think I read that on their twitter account.

Like I said couldn't be happier at the moment, with all the troubles and bad performance I had at GoDaddy I thought thats just the way things are, and they blamed allot on CS-Cart, well now everything runs very smooth.

[quote name='jhagg' timestamp='1310923476' post='117488']

Like I said couldn't be happier at the moment, with all the troubles and bad performance I had at GoDaddy I thought thats just the way things are, and they blamed allot on CS-Cart, well now everything runs very smooth.

[/quote]

I remember visiting your site before, and compared to now, browsing is fast, banners, add-to-cart, checkout, all load quickly. Actually, I don't fill like “waiting” like in a shared hosting, where you go from page to page quickly, but suddenly slows down or checkout takes extra time. Congratulations on your site, has been a journey.

Thanks Colortone!

Just a little tip.

There are a lot of coupons out there for WiredTree. Just search around and you can find some good ones. When I was with them, I was able to use a coupon that gave me something like 50% off for the first 2 months and then 20% off for the life of the account.

Just use Google and I'm sure that you will be able to find some great coupons.

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1310940031' post='117514']

Just a little tip.

There are a lot of coupons out there for WiredTree. Just search around and you can find some good ones. When I was with them, I was able to use a coupon that gave me something like 50% off for the first 2 months and then 20% off for the life of the account.

Just use Google and I'm sure that you will be able to find some great coupons.

Brandon

[/quote]

Brandon, good call thanks, since I am paying month to month I should be able to still use a future coupon…will hunt around for them…and still way happy with their service.

FYI -

You may have read in Grove or through our social networking sites that WiredTree has unveiled new VPS plans and is “Leveling Up” all current VPS clients to match the new plans. If you haven't, here is the announcement again:

We are pleased to announce new VPS plans! We have made major investments over the last year in the hundreds of thousands of dollars upgrading our VPS infrastructure, retrofitting existing servers, and introducing new servers to support these increased allocations. Our goal is ensuring you are getting the best value for your money.

Here is how the plans are changing:

• VPS512 is now being “Leveled Up” to the VPS1000 which comes with 1024MB RAM, 100GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 3000GB Transfer.

• VPS768 is now being “Leveled Up” to the VPS1200 which comes with 1280MB RAM, 120GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 3500GB Transfer.

• VPS1500 is now being “Leveled Up” to the VPS1500 which comes with 1536MB RAM, 150GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 4000GB Transfer.

All of these upgrades are free of charge to existing clients!

Please note that since the plans have changed, if you have used a special or coupon code which has increased your resources, these will not be carried over. However, there will be no changes in price to any of the plans!

We will be performing these upgrades for all existing clients over the next few weeks. The slow rollout is to ensure there are no issues and everything goes smoothly.

You will receive a personalized email when your server has been upgraded letting you know your new resources. There will not be any downtime required to perform the upgrade! The email will be going to the primary contact on the account.

[quote name='jhagg' timestamp='1311036405' post='117624']

FYI -

You may have read in Grove or through our social networking sites that WiredTree has unveiled new VPS plans and is “Leveling Up” all current VPS clients to match the new plans. If you haven't, here is the announcement again:

We are pleased to announce new VPS plans! We have made major investments over the last year in the hundreds of thousands of dollars upgrading our VPS infrastructure, retrofitting existing servers, and introducing new servers to support these increased allocations. Our goal is ensuring you are getting the best value for your money.

Here is how the plans are changing:

• VPS512 is now being “Leveled Up” to the VPS1000 which comes with 1024MB RAM, 100GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 3000GB Transfer.

• VPS768 is now being “Leveled Up” to the VPS1200 which comes with 1280MB RAM, 120GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 3500GB Transfer.

• VPS1500 is now being “Leveled Up” to the VPS1500 which comes with 1536MB RAM, 150GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 4000GB Transfer.

All of these upgrades are free of charge to existing clients!

Please note that since the plans have changed, if you have used a special or coupon code which has increased your resources, these will not be carried over. However, there will be no changes in price to any of the plans!

We will be performing these upgrades for all existing clients over the next few weeks. The slow rollout is to ensure there are no issues and everything goes smoothly.

You will receive a personalized email when your server has been upgraded letting you know your new resources. There will not be any downtime required to perform the upgrade! The email will be going to the primary contact on the account.

[/quote]

ServInt Hosting is also doing this same type of free upgrade according to an email received today! The service/support is exceptionally brilliant and educational too. Wouldn't dare go anywhere else.

Stu

[quote name='derbytown502' timestamp='1311091530' post='117670']

ServInt Hosting is also doing this same type of free upgrade according to an email received today! The service/support is exceptionally brilliant and educational too. Wouldn't dare go anywhere else.

Stu

[/quote]

I have had the same experience at Wired Tree. I wouldn't even consider leaving Wired Tree at this point unless something drastically changed in the future with their service or support.

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1310920343' post='117485']

Thanks for sharing your experience with VPS in WiredTree.

What package did you choose, the VPS768 or the VPS512? Did they optimize your site for cs-cart or it was the “default” package?

[/quote]

Man i even transfer my domain away from godaddy too. they just dont provide good customer service and have like million ads on there page. you need like a supper computer to access that website

[quote name='whiplash13' timestamp='1311101341' post='117685']

I have had the same experience at Wired Tree. I wouldn't even consider leaving Wired Tree at this point unless something drastically changed in the future with their service or support.

[/quote]

whats your website guys? i would like to see how it performs from my location to determine if Wired Tree might be an option for us. WE use SPRY.com right now. We have been using Spry for over five years but they made some drastic changes in the company and i'm not happy with the service/support as much as in the past.