Will i ever be forced to upgrade from 2.0.12

Hi

Ive been on 2.0.12 for quite a while and in past always had to sweat each upgrade i made starting back from 2.0.1.

This is first version where everythnig works perfectly fo rme and dont mind staying on here… What id like to know is do you think that i can continue to use this version couple of years down the line or will I have to sooner or later be forced to upgrade?

why would you be forced? If you wanted support, or new features, then yes. But if you're happy with what you have you can probably keep up with the USPS changes, security patches (only really seen one of these) by just watching the forums.

Thats what i was hoping to hear.

Guess i figured say a future php upgrade would make my

cs-cart inoperative or something to that effect.

That is always a possibility if you are running on a shared server. If on a VPS, then no one should change the underlying environment on you.

tony

We are on a VPS but always thought our hosting company (liquid web) always upgraded to latest versions of php. We are on [size=3]PHP Version 5.3.8 currently and was worried down the road that a [/size][size=3]newer version could break our site. It would be nice to know that we can stay on same php version till we wanted to upgrade.[/size]

[size=3]Thanks for your help.[/size]

[quote name='mrmem' timestamp='1362405136' post='156967']

We are on a VPS but always thought our hosting company (liquid web) always upgraded to latest versions of php. We are on [size=3]PHP Version 5.3.8 currently and was worried down the road that a [/size][size=3]newer version could break our site. It would be nice to know that we can stay on same php version till we wanted to upgrade.[/size]

[size=3]Thanks for your help.[/size]

[/quote]

I'm on a VPS but my host doesn't usually upgrade PHP until I ask them to. You might talk to them about that.