Will CS Cart work for me?

The company I work for is thinking of leaving our current host/shopping cart software and are looking at eCommerce options and I came across osCommerce in my research. It seems ideal through looking at the demos. However, there are a few features that I would like to make sure are available prior to getting started. If anyone could help me out with these I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Can multiple sites be created using the same domain (not sure if I’m wording this correctly)? i.e. site1.mysite.com, site2.mysite.com, site3.mysite.com

2. Can I add the customers myself including their login and password? If so, is there an import option to aide in this?

3. Can customers be required to login prior to accessing the site? Currently our sites (we have individual sites for each of our OEM’s) are secure and require a login to access.

Thanks!

Melissa

[QUOTE]1. Can multiple sites be created using the same domain (not sure if I’m wording this correctly)? i.e. site1.mysite.com, site2.mysite.com, site3.mysite.com[/QUOTE]

Sure, no problem… so called ‘subdomains’ :wink:

[QUOTE]2. Can I add the customers myself including their login and password? If so, is there an import option to aide in this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can.

[QUOTE]3. Can customers be required to login prior to accessing the site? Currently our sites (we have individual sites for each of our OEM’s) are secure and require a login to access.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the CS-Cart site, or your other pages?

Thank you for your reply. I was having issues with the forum yesterday so I wasn’t sure if the post made it or not. It wasn’t appearing for me.

What I mean is that the customer must first log in before viewing the site. Rather than browse/shop first and then log in prior to completing an order. Also, I’d like to have the option to “Remain Logged In” or “Remember Me” in the login screen.

[quote name=‘mizNRG’]

3. Can customers be required to login prior to accessing the site? Currently our sites (we have individual sites for each of our OEM’s) are secure and require a login to access.

[/QUOTE]

With just a little bit of programming this would be very simple. We’re a dev company that uses CS Cart heavily and have made major modifications to it. The add on architecture and code quality is good. The above would be very simple to customize, but not possible out of the box.