Why receiving erroneous backorder notifications?

Hi

using 2.2.1 Community

Testing before deployment.

I have a test item with an onhand quantity of 997. Two days ago I placed two orders for this item. They have not been shipped.

Today, two days after placing the orders, I received one email about each, saying the item can't be shipped as it is backordered.

1. the on hand qty is 997

2. I placed the order two days ago. Why are they backordered today and weren't backordered two days ago? The qty on hand as been almost 1000 the entire time.

(I saw this same issue occur on another item last week, going to backorder for no reason after a period of time.)

Also, is there a way to prevent anything going to backorder altogether? We don't need backorders on this installation.

Thank you

Hello stvwlf,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you why this problem occurred in your store and how to prevent it in the future as long as I do not know its exact cause. The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I have got the same problem this week. Did you get any solution for this problem?

Thanks.

Hi cm4554

What I found (I think) is it was probably not a cart error. These occurred when we were testing the cart. It appears it is very easy to change the status on an order without meaning to. If you edit status, backorder is at the top of the list since it starts with a B. And it does an in-the-background status change - does not ask to confirm if you do want a status change. Once the order is at backorder status the backorder processing has already occurred. I didn't find a way top reverse it even after changing the status back to Processed.

Note to CS Cart - doing an automatic Ajax background status change is not the best idea - there should be a confirmation Do you really want to change order status?