Wholesale And Retail Product Settings

Last I looked, group pricing could be set to an absolute value or a percent However, it is a discount, not a price.

On the integrations I've done in the past we just calculated the absolute amount between the existing price and the wholesale price and used that for the discount (which resulted in the wholesale price). We also did it with pricing matrices where each column in the matrix represted a different user-group.

User groups are used to deetermine what shipping methods, payment methods, pricing, etc. are sensitive to the user group on the store. Just look in the db tables for 'usergroup' column and you'll find the areas that are sensitive to user group (even those that do not have an admin interface).

#13 is not hard, but it is custom. Field names between the two need to be mapped/managed and it is rare that there is 1-1 data. I.e. some things might need to be calculated (on both sides) for the integration to occur. It takes a good understanding of your data. Note also that cs-cart does not generate XML output so you can't just use XSLT to transform the entries. But again, if you need calculation of any fields, this can be cumbersome with XSLT. Usually easier to write a converter.

Based on your list of needs, there are several projects to be undertaken to get them satisfied. I think all are doable and the vast majority can be done with existing hooks without change to core code. But I'm sure there will be some areas where you will have to add hooks to get the functionality you want. Good luck on getting cs-cart to actually support any hook additions you might request.

It also sounds like you are going to be drop-shipping and/or providing product specs/data for wholesale customers (imagery, descriptions, features, etc.). This type of exporting of information is all about specification. Have you defined what your customers should/can/do expect for this data? An RSS feed is a good solution for this type of data.

Glad I found this discussion thread. We are now using CS-Cart only as a catalog-function for our wholesale customers. But would love to have them order as well. Will monitor this thread.

I found this demo website had some interesting structures & settings for a pure B2B website. Their whole home page, menu structure, etc. is completely different than a 'normal' B2C website.

http://v400.demo.sel…lutions.net/en/

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1409785212' post='191410']

On the integrations I've done in the past we just calculated the absolute amount between the existing price and the wholesale price and used that for the discount (which resulted in the wholesale price). We also did it with pricing matrices where each column in the matrix represted a different user-group.[/quote]

Consumer prices fluctuate with competitor offers.

Wholesale prices can not fluctuate along. Especially since we have quantity price breaks and also distributor pricing.

I dont think we can use consumer pricing as a basis for wholesale prices.

Good luck on getting cs-cart to actually support any hook additions you might request.

[/quote]

Yeah, I know. Last time I asked they said they would include it, but like with most things could not say what release. And then it never arrives.

It also sounds like you are going to be drop-shipping and/or providing product specs/data for wholesale customers (imagery, descriptions, features, etc.). This type of exporting of information is all about specification. Have you defined what your customers should/can/do expect for this data? An RSS feed is a good solution for this type of data.

[/quote]

Yes, you are right. Though I will cross that bridge when I get there, I will need to understand what drop shipping functionality CSC can offer and what API & RSS can do.

I am wondering whether it would be best to use a separate install, because my wholesale company is a different company than my retail company. I need to keep finances separate. At the same time it would be best if I do not have to manage each product in multiple systems. I wonder if it would be a good idea to have separate installs for retail and wholesale, but connect the installs somehow?

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1418747490' post='199957']

I found this demo website had some interesting structures & settings for a pure B2B website. Their whole home page, menu structure, etc. is completely different than a 'normal' B2C website.

http://v400.demo.sel…lutions.net/en/

[/quote]

Thanks! That indeed shows most of the functionality that is needed for wholesale customers.

I have added this suggestion to uservoice: http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/7509190-better-wholesale-b2b-functionality

P-Pharma,

I just stumbled across this existing add-on (Quick Order Form) [url=“CS-Cart Quick Order Form”]http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/marketing/cs-cart-quick-order-form.html[/url]

I have not tried it yet, but based on the demo, it looks like a decent step towards achieving some of the B2B functionality we both like from

[url=“http://v400.demo.selectsolutions.net/en/”]http://v400.demo.selectsolutions.net/en/[/url]

Cheers,

Olof

Indeed. Though it seems it doesn't have a solution for product options. If you add a product from the quick order form and the product has options, then it will simply add the first option to the cart. Customers will need to buy all options.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1432468161' post='215564']

Indeed. Though it seems it doesn't have a solution for product options. If you add a product from the quick order form and the product has options, then it will simply add the first option to the cart. Customers will need to buy all options.

[/quote]

Are you sure? I can´t verify it in their demo because those products with options they have not turned on the ´track inventory with options´…so the product code does not change.

And on their add-on description page they state that

“Product options are separated into individual products. Adding them to cart has never been easier”

I did not notice that. I checked out the 100g pants and its options. Ordering 100g pants from the quick order will always give you size S, color white option. But if they have not turned on tracking then we can not see it in the demo. The description indeed looks like it should work. That would be very nice.

Hello,

We will remake the demo, since its an outdated version.

The addon works with options exactly as described, it creates individual products. I just modified the inventory tracking for the product 100g Pants. Now you can see it as

U0012O5AF01 Color: Black/White/White , Size: Small In stock

U0012O5AF02 Color: Black/White/White , Size: Medium In stock

U0012O5AF03 Color: Black/White/White , Size: Large In stock

U0012O5AF04 Color: Black/White/White , Size: X Large In stock

U0012O5AF05 Color: Black/White/White , Size: XX Large In stock

U0012O5AF06 Color: Dark Navy/White/White , Size: Small In stock

U0012O5AF07 Color: Dark Navy/White/White , Size: Medium In stock

U0012O5AF08 Color: Dark Navy/White/White , Size: Large In stock

U0012O5AF09 Color: Dark Navy/White/White , Size: X Large In stock

U0012O5AF010 Color: Dark Navy/White/White , Size: XX Large In stock

U0012O5AF011 Color: White/Prime Green , Size: Small In stock

U0012O5AF012 Color: White/Prime Green , Size: Medium In stock

U0012O5AF013 Color: White/Prime Green , Size: Large In stock

U0012O5AF014 Color: White/Prime Green , Size: X Large In stock

U0012O5AF015 Color: White/Prime Green , Size: XX Large

It seems there is a bug on demo website, due to the outdated version of the addon.

The addon is quite complex and the settings can be seen in block settings, please feel free to login admin, with default cs-cart admin url / user / pass (/admin.php / admin /admin) – the block is in layout / homepage / Quick Order Form.

Some customer modified it, from addon settings to restrict it from unlogged customers, but this feature can be turned off also.

Here is an example of a live website using it with a bit of slyting also.

http://www.kerusso.c…uick-order.html

For any other questions, please feel free to ask me

Regards,

Lucian

Hi Lucian,

Thanks for the reaction and update! As soon as CSC version 4.3.1 is stable, we will migrate to that version. After which we will most likely purchase your add-on. This add-on is in my humble opinion a 'must' for B2B business.

Cheers,

Olof

This looks very interesting! Thanks Lucian for adjusting the demo.

It would be very useful to have this quick order as a category layout option. This way B2B customers can use the main navigation menu to browse categories.