White Screen Problem - Help

Hello

I have the dreaded white screen problem. I have a few installs of CS-Cart, some 3.1 and two are 4.0.

My hosting provider did something with my database service and it rejected all my previous passwords overnight. So I have set up new user names and passwords for each database for each CS-Cart install.

Everything was good and started working on all these cs-cart installs except one. It is one of the 4.0 installs and I jet can't get it to load the home page or admin, it just loads a white page.

I have deleted the cashe and also checked the access for the new DB user and password. It should work.

The cart is using VIVA SHOP template (paid for last year) on both the two shops using 4.0. One works, the other not. Any ideas what to do next?

Hope you can help me.... my client is panicking.

Thus is Sooo weird. I have tried everything I can think of. Added a new database user, deleted cache, checked permissions. It has foxed me for sure. The other 5 CS sites I fixed today by adding new DB users work fine. Why is this one an issue. `Same template, same version????

I tried enabling error logging by uncommenting the config.php file, but that doesn't show anything either.

I went on the server via FP and as I try to load the home page, the software creates and fill some cache folders. It creates a folder for the VIVA shop template but stop at filling that. I wonder if the template has stopped working for some bizarre reason. It was fine 4 days ago.

Really desperate guys!

I can pay for help.

Hi,

Check to see if the VIVA shop license is still there. I think this happened to me a long time ago and it was something simple to fix... I put the license number back it. It was gone for some reason.

Bob

Also you can add this to the bottom of your config.local.php

define('DEVELOPMENT', true);
ini_set('display_errors', true);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

You should then see any PHP related errors on screen.

Hi,

Check to see if the VIVA shop license is still there. I think this happened to me a long time ago and it was something simple to fix... I put the license number back it. It was gone for some reason.

Bob

Many thanks pbannette. I looked at the DB and the serial and other licence information is still intact. So it can't be that I don't think. I did suspect this at first.

Have you any other ideas might help?

Also you can add this to the bottom of your config.local.php

define('DEVELOPMENT', true);
ini_set('display_errors', true);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

You should then see any PHP related errors on screen.

Thank you. I put the code in config.local.php but on trying to open the site still a white screen and no error logs or messages.

Any idea why this isn't showing up. I have watched the cache folder filling on loading the home page, and it gets part way through filling in the folders for templates back-end and VIVA shop, then stops. Something is not right.

Anything relevant in your php error_log file?

Anything relevant in your php error_log file?

I can't see an error log in Var/Log but I ran a server test in the account area of the server hosting CPanel. Is there an issue with writing the cache? I have the cache folder in Var and Var and Cashe folder is set to 777 permissions.

The cache also contains previous cached files before the issue occurred, so to 4 days ago.

Here is the report:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 20:47:27 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.22
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.29
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: -1
Last-Modified: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 20:47:27 GMT
Vary: User-Agent,Accept-Encoding
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Any ideas?

I tried renaming the cache, to force the shop to write a new folder incase the old cache is now not good. But it isn't wring into the folder. Not sure if that is because the site doesn't load that far i.e. not complete a page load.

I am thinking the issue is the call up to VIVA shop template (Ergo Themes). The DB still has the encrypted code and the serial number for the template. But I remember when I built the site, the home page was white until I added the template code into the plug-in panel.

Odd how my there site using this same template came back up ok though after I updated the DB user?

Stuck in limbo, client loosing it. I will need to wait till Ergo themes get back.

You would have to do a phpinfo() to determine where (if any) error_log file is written. If the cache isn’t being recreated then you’ve never even reached the init of the template.

As the lines suggested above to config.local.php and then add

die(“got here”);

And see it if you get “got here” output to your screen.

If not, then you either have a php startup error or Apache start up error.

Please check if the following file is empty:

design/themes/vivashop/templates/index.tpl

If yes, contact theme developers. Their module marked your vivashop license as wrong for some reason

We have fixed the problem

And the issue was....?

And the issue was....?

non-existent php function was called from one of the files