White screen of death

what would cause both customer and admin side only show a white screen. This is on my test server so if in the end I have to wipe it out and restore a backup not that big of deal. Things I read were:

comment out @ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘48M’); in config.local.php

replace index.php

replace admin.php

replace fn.catalog.php

None of these have worked for me.

This on version 2.1.1

thanks for any ideas

David

I strongly urge you to put this in the bug tracker as your are using a new Beta release of CS-Cart - You know this.

We cannot provide support for this version until it’s released.

Jesse,

It looks like he is using 2.1.1 not 2.2.1

What type of server is this on? A real server or your localhost?

Have you cleared the cache after replacing the files? You can do this via ftp in var/compiled Just remove the contents of that folder.

Do you have any sites working on that server?

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks Brandon and Jesse for the quick responce.The server is a Linux pc (trying ubunto for the first time) in my basement. I’m running IPConfig to make it easy to run many variations of our server of past and future upgrades. Well asfter looking through my notes of things I was trying last night. I found I must have corupted func.php. After replacing this it ran with out a hitch.

Now is anyone good at writing a little php script to export orders to excel. I have the queries figured out, but need help with php part. I will not take it any further in this thread, but start a new one soon.

Thanks again,

David DeWitt

Check CHMOD/CHOWN permissions on /public_html/

I get the same issue if I copy files form a directory over without changeing permissions on the root folder.

J.

The root folder owner:group is 520:520 which I think might be apache since many of the base directories of cs-cart are the same.

permissions are at 777 on the directory public_html.

another question for you Jesse. I wrote a short php script that accesses the database. from what I read I should but the connect string file in the directory above for security. which would be access by …/filename this does not work here. If I put the connect string file in the public_htm directory and access by ./filename then it works. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

David

I hate Blue and White Dead Screen :mad:

[quote name=‘dsdewitt’]The root folder owner:group is 520:520 which I think might be apache since many of the base directories of cs-cart are the same.

permissions are at 777 on the directory public_html.

another question for you Jesse. I wrote a short php script that accesses the database. from what I read I should but the connect string file in the directory above for security. which would be access by …/filename this does not work here. If I put the connect string file in the public_htm directory and access by ./filename then it works. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

David[/quote]

Public_html should be 755, regardless of cs-cart’s installation instructions.

520:520, can’t be diagnosed as there is no definite known UID for those files/group to be relative to your account.

If you use DSO permissions, only the following directories should be 777

/images/

/skins/

/var/*

Where * is all files and folders below the directory. Otherwise folders should be 755/644 for the remainder of the installation.

.htaccess should be 644 as well (if it’s higher, same problem as /public_html/)

Let me know how that works out for you, otherwise send me your account details and I can try to assist.