Which Files Have Been Modifed

I allowed access to a local dev and it looks like they have changed some files I didn’t want, they say they didn’t access those folders/files but Im sure one of them must have. Whats the best way to see what changes were made to what folders on a certain day so we can finalise this argument.

I m sure tbirnseth ez erchant services had an addon for this which I will be getting if someone can point me to it

Thanks

john

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1436020436' post='221610']

I allowed access to a local dev and it looks like they have changed some files I didn't want, they say they didn't access those folders/files but Im sure one of them must have. Whats the best way to see what changes were made to what folders on a certain day so we can finalise this argument.

I m sure tbirnseth ez erchant services had an addon for this which I will be getting if someone can point me to it

Thanks

john

[/quote]

Try here

If you have a backup from before then you can download the current files and compare the files with beyond compare:

We can create such a script for you. PM me if you are interested

hi,

why don't you use Git (private repository) for this? It is sufficient to put the whole cs-cart into a repository and track any modification.

best regards,

WSA team

[quote name='Damir (WSA-team)' timestamp='1437203094' post='223430']

why don't you use Git (private repository) for this? It is sufficient to put the whole cs-cart into a repository and track any modification.

[/quote]

I think it is because git is hard to understand for a huge amount of business owners

There is a built-in tool than can be accessed like this

example.com/admin.php?dispatch=tools.view_changes

There you should create a new snapshot and than compare it. You will see all the files that were changed comparing to default CS-Cart installation.

Unfortunately it does not allow to track changes of a certain day.

Yes, our EZ Admin Helper can monitor all the files on your site and tell you when they change.

Works great right out of the box and you can set it up to exclude certain directories like thumbnails so that normal operations don't create so much noise that you miss important changes from a security standpoint.

I'd suggest setting up an exclusion so all but app, js and design directories are monitored as well as things in the root folder if your concern is developer modifications. I.e. exclude 'images'.

There's also a new security check function that will check you site for the currently known cs-cart intrusions (13 checks). As new info is revealed, the addon will be updated to account for those malware signatures too.

Something has changed internally in cs-cart related to the 'Backup site' option. It does not work. But we are looking into it and will provide a solution in a future update (automatic update so you don't have to do anything).