Which CSS File Do I Modify?

I have 2.0.6 installed. But I need to know which CSS file to modfiy in order that these changes are not overwritten during the next upgrade. In the past with 1.3.5, I have just modified styles.css, but I didn’t know if there was another recommendation for this version.

same style.css and style.base.css

Thanks, but I’m still confused. 1.3.5 didn’t have a styles.base.css. So I’m not sure how this new css file is different and when to modify the base css file or the non-base css file.

it is just a quite same as style.css file, but on base you can change the site width and sidebox etc.and few modication also has been done on base file

I thought there was more to it than that. I thought I read somewhere that modifications in one file would not be overwritten during updates, while modifications in the other file would be overwritten. But I could be wrong.

The key issue in the OP is "in order that these changes are not overwritten during the next upgrade. "

Cs-Cart has given us the My changes add-on but not provided us with any information on how to use it. We need some documentation for how this works.

There is also tbirnseth’s “Local” add-on. He addresses the stylesheet issue in this post:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11656&highlight=local+addon[/url]

Bob

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]I have 2.0.6 installed. But I need to know which CSS file to modfiy in order that these changes are not overwritten during the next upgrade. In the past with 1.3.5, I have just modified styles.css, but I didn’t know if there was another recommendation for this version.[/QUOTE]

I did this way

Made a copy of /skins/basic renamed with YOURSKINNAME

Edit manifest.ini find & rename “basic” to “YOURSKINNAME” name, put this skin to

/var/skins_repository/YOURSKINNAME

select this skin via skin selector.

Now it is going to be added to

/skins/YOURSKINNAME
make design changes to it.

[quote name=‘Darius’]I did this way

Made a copy of /skins/basic renamed with YOURSKINNAME

Edit manifest.ini find & rename “basic” to “YOURSKINNAME” name, put this skin to

/var/skins_repository/YOURSKINNAME

select this skin via skin selector.

Now it is going to be added to

/skins/YOURSKINNAME
make design changes to it.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting. Can anyone think of any drawbacks to this method?