When having more then one quantity shipping does not work right

Okay so if we have one of an item, the shipping is correct however when I have more then one of the same item it still only calculates for one item in the shipping. Please help with tracking down the problem.

Thanks.

Any additional info that is needed please ask and I will get it for you.

• What Version of CS-Cart

• Realtime or Manually Calculated Shipping Method

• Providing Screen Shots of both your shipping method settings as well as a product details page will greatly help to solve your problem

Think Man! :eek:

In The product details page in admin there is a field for shipping freight,put in here how much for shiiping and it will apply that x by how many products are in the cart. This will also add it to the regular freight in the shipping section so you may want to change your shipping settings there too.

okay stupid question where do I find out what version I have of cs-cart?

Im using only UPS and Real-Time calculations, I will get screen shots as soon as I can.

Add ?&version to the end of any site url and the version will be displayed

[quote name=‘Struck’]Add ?&version to the end of any site url and the version will be displayed[/QUOTE]

Wow well thats handy, thanks

CS-CART: version 2.0.7

UPS Real-Time

Also need to see the specific details of one of your realtime shipping method settings, I would suggest focusing on one single method & get it working correctly before moving on to the others…

So, just display the details of your UPS Ground shipping method (click the edit button and create the screen shot).

Camicro,

[QUOTE]Okay so if we have one of an item, the shipping is correct however when I have more then one of the same item it still only calculates for one item in the shipping. Please help with tracking down the problem.[/QUOTE]

Everything you have displayed looks completely fine with your UPS Ground method.

Was this working fine for awhile & then just stopped calculating correctly?

I can only assume that you have the correct UPS Account settings in place.

You do not have any 3rd party shipping related add-ons installed do you?

ya UPS says we have the right username and all that in place and no it hasnt been working for some time now… Im wondering if the actual code is damaged on cs-cart and if there is a way to reinstall just that portion of code automatically or manually?

[QUOTE]CS-CART: version 2.0.7

and no I will not upgrade… the pain and suffering of getting the site to work again after each update is not worth it lol. [/QUOTE]

I understand your concerns there, however, If you do much shipping (especially using Realtime methods as I now see that you do), & your combined shipment weights can exceed the 150 Lb UPS weight limit for a single package, then you are foolish to not upgrade to 2.1.3 :wink:

Besides, the upgrades are getting so easy that I now get bored & begin thinking that I must have forgotten something, what, that’s it, I can’t be finished already! :wink:

sigh okay I will back up my entire site then and after that run an update and see what happens. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE] Im wondering if the actual code is damaged on cs-cart and if there is a way to reinstall just that portion of code automatically or manually?[/QUOTE]

Highly possible, and sure you can re-upload every single file from your original CS-Cart installation files via FTP as long as you have not made custom code modifications.

Just don’t overwrite your modified skin folder/files!

Camicro,

I knew I had chatted with you at sometime in the past in regards to shipping issues, and you deserted us man, however, all of these issues have since been fixed!

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15905[/url]

So yeah… You need to upgrade to 2.1.3 at your earliest convenience (as in before the sun comes up)! :smiley:

ya to go to 2.1 they want money so I updated as far as I could sooo that didnt fix the problem, what I did was take the UPS file from another website I did that the UPS works on and replaced in on the site that it wasnt working and what do you know it works now so somehow it got jacked up.

As for your link well I wasnt aware of that as that was a different time and a different coworker that I since took over from.