What's the difference?

What’s the difference between using PayPal payment gateway, and PayPal Express Checkout?

Regards,

–Wei

If you do not want to see the Pay Pal button on the “Cart” page you need to use the Pay Pal payment method instead of the Pay Pal express payment method. You can set up it on the “Payment methods” page in your administration panel.

So in essence, there is no difference, other than seeing the PayPal button with the PayPal Express?

I went through the PayPal Express set up as well, seems no need to set up the button either.

Regards,

–Wei

Hi,

When you set up PayPal Express, you automatically get the button on the cart page. You also get a radio button on the checkout pages.

PayPal Standard allows for people to use a credit card, in addition to PayPal.

Bob

I thought with PayPal Express, buyers can pay with their credit cards as well.

When setting up PayPal Express, other than the PayPal Account ID, also need “Signature” or “Certificate”, what are they anyway?

From Google

Website Payments Standard

1. Click on Product
  2. Add product to cart
  3. Click Checkout
  4. Log In Store Account / New Customer
  5. Shipping Address/Shipping Methond…Continue
  6. Select Payment Methond (PayPal)
  7. Confirm Order → Redirect to PayPal.com
  8. Log into PayPal
  9. Click Pay Now
  10. Payment complete Click Return button to return to Merchant Store
  11. Order has been processed Click Continue.

Express Checkout

12. Click on Product
  13. Add product to cart
  14. Click Express Checkout button
  15. Log In Store Account / New Customer → Redirect to PayPal.com (New release will eliminate this and allow Purchase Without Account!)
  16. Log into PayPal
  17. Confirm Payment Method, POstal Address, Contact Information…Click Continue
  18. Automatically return to Merchant Store to Confirm Order and complete.

As you can see Express Checkout involves fewer steps to complete the transaction which results in a higher conversion rate and less chance of buyer dropout. With Website Payments Standard after the transaction has been completed you remain on PayPal until you click to return to the merchant site, however with Express Checkout you are automatically returned back to the merchant site to complete the order.

thanks Tony!

regards,

–wei

I have issues with customers not hitting the return to store button on PayPal. I receive a payment but no completed orders. But I have other stores so if I use auto return then I have an issue with where do I send them?

My theoretical fix would be to customize PayPal’s last page so I could insert some [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red]large red text[/COLOR][/SIZE] to highlight that I need them to hit the return to store button.

Thoughts?

[quote name=‘American’]I have issues with customers not hitting the return to store button on PayPal. I receive a payment but no completed orders. But I have other stores so if I use auto return then I have an issue with where do I send them?

My theoretical fix would be to customize PayPal’s last page so I could insert some [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red]large red text[/COLOR][/SIZE] to highlight that I need them to hit the return to store button.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Brad,

Interested to hear whether you found a solution to your problem?

Chris