What the point of Default Layout Block?

Hi,

I want to have a standard layout for all of my pages, with a right sidebar. I make this change to the default layout, but it doesnt get displayed on any page. How can I save a “Default” layout that changes layout for all ages?

Hello jmccann,

Thank you for your message.

The Default location is used for the cases when CS-Cart cannot find a location which corresponds to a page opened in the storefront. In other words, when a customer opens some page in the storefront, CS-Cart searches for its locations. If no location is found for this page, content from the Default location is used in this case.

So if you want all pages of your store to have identical layout, you should delete all locations except for the Default location. In order to delete a location you should open its tab and click on the gear icon located next to the name of the tab. In the opened window, you should click on the trash icon to remove the location. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

After this you can edit the layout of the Default location and all your changes will appear on all pages in the storefront. Please check it.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

location.png