What on earth could be causing this?

I’ve just noticed that when you go through the checkout and register you see the attached screen - everything out of alignment. If you hit refresh, the page will load correctly.

I’ve checked this in IE, firefox and chrome and all three browsers are showing this weird issue.

Any ideas what it could be?

btw the attached image was taken from Firefox - it looks even worse in IE.

checkoutproblem1.jpg

Try clearing your cache

I’ve done that, but it’s still happening.

Cathy,

The alignment is a problem, but did you scroll down towards the bottom of your site? If you do you will notice that your page is being repeated again.

I don’t know why this is happening, but it sure is an interesting problem.

Brandon

It’s weird and has only just started happening today.

If you hit refresh though the page is fine - I’m wondering if it’s a problem with the pagination somewhere.

I haven’t done anything different today or changed any settings, so another thing I’m wondering is if it could be a hosting issue?

Looks fine to me in Firefox 3.6.8, IE8, IE7 and Chrome. The checkout page is OK and the page isn’t being repeated.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]Looks fine to me in Firefox 3.6.8, IE8, IE7 and Chrome. The checkout page is OK and the page isn’t being repeated.[/QUOTE]

Hi Lyn,

Did you select “register” or checkout as guest? I’ve just had a look on another computer and am seeing the same problems occurring.

I know I said that it only just started happening today - but come to think of it, I usually test the checkout with my own login details, so it very well could have been there for a while and I haven’t noticed.

I might try and get my host to reinstall from a backup to see if that makes any difference.

Seemed to be OK when I checked out as a guest in Firefox but the page is duplicating when I chose to register in IE8, so it sounds like it could be an IE8 problem (now why isn’t that surprising??).

I am not getting any errors using either IE8 or FF

I have tried both check out as guest and registering an account and it is working ok for me each way.

Question: are you using any additional css/js compression or expiration methods? If so you might try disabling these to see if that might be causing your problems.

If you do end up contacting your host, let them know that one of your name servers is not responding properly

[QUOTE]203.94.145.2 Error=Port Unreachable[/QUOTE]

This may be causing your site to load very slowly for some visitors. It took nearly a full minute for your index page to fully load for me in the US.

Do you think that I could try just restoring the css file, or are there other files that I should also look at restoring from a backup?

I know my host does daily backups, so hopefully they’ll be able to help me out.

The screenshot you posted appears to be a problem with css but that is strange to only be happening during the checkout process for some but not all visitors. It is also strange to hear about the page repeating itself for some. I wish it messed up for me also so I could see what is going on.

This does seem to be a problem with caching for some visitors… Another question: are you having any problems in other SSL areas of your site?

I’ve just turned off the one page checkout and it’s working fine.

The problem is that I kind of like the one page checkout.

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]The screenshot you posted appears to be a problem with css but that is strange to only be happening during the checkout process for some but not all visitors. It is also strange to hear about the page repeating itself for some. I wish it messed up for me also so I could see what is going on.

This does seem to be a problem with caching for some visitors… Another question: are you having any problems in other SSL areas of your site?[/QUOTE]

No other ssl areas of the site seem to be fine.

Do you think it could be a problem with the one page checkout? Is that possible?

[quote name=‘CathyG’]No other ssl areas of the site seem to be fine.

Do you think it could be a problem with the one page checkout? Is that possible?[/quote]

I had the same problem,

CS-Cart is repeating the cart due to AJAX functionality,

there is a broken DIV somewhere north of the css navigation bar. (More than likely unclosed, so the cart’s divs do this, hence the repetition)

Feel free to PM me and the URL and I can take a quick peek at it.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I had the same problem,

CS-Cart is repeating the cart due to AJAX functionality,

there is a broken DIV somewhere north of the css navigation bar. (More than likely unclosed, so the cart’s divs do this, hence the repetition)[/QUOTE]

Jesse, you were spot on. Thomas came to the rescue and gave me a new top.tpl to upload and problem fixed.

I have no idea how it happened as I haven’t changed anything in that file - although someone must have.

Back to the one page checkout now :slight_smile: