What is your setup for shipping label (printing) and accounting?

Hello,

I'm starting a new store with CS-Cart in a couple of months. I've been thinking which shipping label provider and accounting software to use.

What services do you currently use to ship orders, print shipping labels and manage accounting?

I'm thinking of using the following setup:

• Ship orders - USPS and Fedex
  • Print shipping labels - Stamps.com
  • Shipping integration - Shippingkit
  • Accounting - Xero
  • ACcounting integration - custom integration since there's no Xero addon

Is there a way to connect all of these together easily to CS-Cart? I know there's Webagility's eCC but the pricing is off putting.

I want to be able to automatically update status orders once an order has been shipped or delivered. It would be great if shipping labels are automatically produced when the order is created as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Shippingkit prints labels straight from the shop.

I import all my transactions into xero from my payment providers so it also imports fee automatically.

You can also export orders from cs-cart and import into xero, but then you don't have the (paypal or whatever) fee and stuff in it.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1320658005' post='125480']

Shippingkit prints labels straight from the shop.

I import all my transactions into xero from my payment providers so it also imports fee automatically.

You can also export orders from cs-cart and import into xero, but then you don't have the (paypal or whatever) fee and stuff in it.

[/quote]

How well is Shippingkit working out for you so far?

Wouldn't you lose order information such as order#, items purchased, customer details if you import transactions from your payment provider? Also, payment provider is the same as payment gateway, correct?

Thanks Flow!

[quote]

Also, payment provider is the same as payment gateway, correct?

[/quote]

Technically no. A payment gateway handles a payment “transaction” where you supply all the info. A payment provider collects the payment info and processes the transaction “off site” and may return some of the info to you and may return only success/failure.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.