WHat is the purpose of doing admin.php?cc - it does not clear cache

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]I can understand your frustration on this and rightfully so and I don’t think the problem you are having has anything to do with caching , or at least in my opinion . I really don’t understand why do we have to clear the cache very often, in the 1.3 days we used to clear the cache only if we made any changes to the templates but now it is getting so confusing with all the caching methods introduced in 2.1 I’m not sure I understand the purpose of it and there are some people running cron jobs to clear the cache which could lead to disaster if you are not careful . I would love to hear from CS Cart on this and tell us what are the benefits of clearing the cache and best way to do it.

Joe[/QUOTE]

Having to clear cache to make a cart work tells me something is broker… and how did so many people put up with it? I put up with it because I am starting my business on cs-cart and just imagine if someone with a running business moved to cs-cart then had the cache issue… they would lose lots of money! However I hope these issues are sorted by cs-cart…

[quote name=‘Struck’]Guys, try using the “sqlite” method of cache which is now offered with Version 2.1, I believe you will find that it is no longer necessary to periodically clear the cache, in other words it works more as a set it & forget it situation… the way it should be!

Very quick & simple to setup & try it out, at the bottom of your config.local.php file, just change the cache type to Sqlite, clear out the entire contents of your /var/compiled/ & /var/cache/ folders & your off to Margaritaville. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for update, will upgrade to 2.1.1 , so are you using smartoptimizer on top?

Hi,

I don’t understand why there needs to be manual cache deletion. Does not make sense. Looks like 20-30% or more of the posts are clearing cache related.

I would like to know if there is a way for cs-cart to code the save sequence to include a delete cache sequence? It would seem to me that anytime someone changes configuration, including upgrades, and hits the save button, a routine would start at the end of the save process which would clear the cache(s). Is there a downside to this?

Shop owners should not have t do this manually.

Bob

My carts no longer work properly…

Getting cache handler code errors, hanging payment page and today a new problem which is that on manual order creation the page hangs…

Will upgrade… but for me athis sucks… I was wondering why I did not get any orders this week!

Even this forum for some reason is hanging today - wtf!