WHat is the purpose of doing admin.php?cc - it does not clear cache

I have to agree with Tony on this too. I don’t have the problems you are describing and I know that there are people that use CS-Cart that do tons of sales daily and they don’t have these problems either.

Sure, I have a hiccup here and there, but nothing that is like what you are complaining about.

What version are you using?

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I have to agree with Tony on this too. I don’t have the problems you are describing and I know that there are people that use CS-Cart that do tons of sales daily and they don’t have these problems either.

Sure, I have a hiccup here and there, but nothing that is like what you are complaining about.

What version are you using?

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Also I am using the offline payment processor

I’m using 2.0.14

Most of my orders are done with Authorize.net and some are done with Paypal and I don’t see this problem.

I also offer phone ordering which uses the offline processor. I just tested the phone ordering and I see what you mean. My page is saying Placing order for well over a minute now.

I then went back and tried it again and had the same issue.

I then went back for a third time and went into my admin and cleared my cache. After clearing my cache my order went through really fast.

I’ve never actually tried all this. It has interesting results. Even though I clear my cache using cron jobs, maybe I’ll have to look at clearing my cache more often.

I guess I’ll just have to keep playing around and see if there is anything I can do to make this better.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I’m using 2.0.14

Most of my orders are done with Authorize.net and some are done with Paypal and I don’t see this problem.

I also offer phone ordering which uses the offline processor. I just tested the phone ordering and I see what you mean. My page is saying Placing order for well over a minute now.

I then went back for a third time and went into my admin and cleared my cache. After clearing my cache my order went through really fast.

I’ve never actually tried all this. It has interesting results. Even though I clear my cache using cron jobs, maybe I’ll have to look at clearing my cache more often.

I guess I’ll just have to keep playing around and see if there is anything I can do to make this better.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to look at this… so it appears that this is an offline processor issue…

Anyway… my point is that I really hate trying to blame my hosting company becuase they are very good…

…my hosting company was blamed last time when the cart kept on falling over… I told my hosting company about the mysql locking and the showed my the sql statement that kept on crashing my cart … it was a massive sql quesry…

Anyway I spent about a month on that, it really drained me and then thankfully they fixed this crazy issue in 2.0.15

Again thanks for looking and confirming that there is an issue and its not just me… in other words we have recreated the anomoly and cs-cart should look into it

However I will do one thing and ask regarding the inability to clear the cache through the url is due to any server settings that do not allow for it

Brandon - can you please tell me why you have to keep on clearing your cache in the first place? Isnt that fact that you are clearing you cache highlighting a bug?

B

Well, I really don’t know what the cache is for to be honest. I would assume that the cache is to try and speed up the cart by allowing some pages to load faster.

All I know, or at least think I know, is that the site will speed along just great for a while and browsing the products and stuff will be fine. But, some things don’t work all that great after a while, aparently one of those being the offline processor. Once the cache is cleared everything will work fine again.

I know Tony has already chimed in on this and it would be great if him or one of the other gurus could maybe add more to all of this. Unfortunately this is an area that I don’t know squat about so I just don’t have any good answers.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Well, I really don’t know what the cache is for to be honest. I would assume that the cache is to try and speed up the cart by allowing some pages to load faster.

All I know, or at least think I know, is that the site will speed along just great for a while and browsing the products and stuff will be fine. But, some things don’t work all that great after a while, aparently one of those being the offline processor. Once the cache is cleared everything will work fine again.

I know Tony has already chimed in on this and it would be great if him or one of the other gurus could maybe add more to all of this. Unfortunately this is an area that I don’t know squat about so I just don’t have any good answers.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Also if Tony could please explain whether we should be setting up cron jobs to clear cache or should there be no need for doing this…?

Thanks

B

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I’m using 2.0.14

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Hey Brandon

I saw in another post that you started using Zechy new cache patch… are you still using it or did you go back to the standard cache system?

So if you are using the cache system, you still have to keep clearing the cache?

Thx

I am still using it.

I’m not really sure I guess. I don’t have any numbers to really compare things. All I know is that, for example, when I tried doing a phone order earlier today it didn’t go through and after I cleared the cache the order went through no problem.

I’d say that yes I do need to keep clearing my cache, but since I really don’t know anything about the cache and how it works I might totally be talking out of my butt.

I’m really hoping that others on the forum that know much more than me will contribute to this thread because I just don’t know crap about this.

Brandon

I just tested Offline processor which is using “cc.tpl”

Can you confirm these are your settings?

I did it on a 2.0.15 store and it ran and processed in under 1 second.

Where I had my problem was with using the Offline processor using the phone.tpl page.

Before I cleared my cache it took well over a minute and probably would have time out if I let it. After I cleared my cache it took about a second or so.

Brandon

Why would you use the phone.tpl vs cc.tpl?

just asking, i dont know…

Basically I use the phone.tpl because it is the most logical for a phone order.

Also, if you use cc.tpl all the credit card fields are still there and a customer can’t tell the difference between a credit card order and a phone order.

I am actually starting to wonder why I even have phone ordering for an option. Personally I really don’t want to have to actually talk to someone about placing an order, I really just want them to enter their credit card information and be done with it. Maybe it is time for me to remove this option.

Either way, clearing the cache helps that part of the site move better. I don’t know why and maybe there is something better I can do.

I should upgrade to 2.0.15, but I’m really just holding out for 2.1.1, but we’ll see.

Brandon

[quote name=‘TonyK’]I just tested Offline processor which is using “cc.tpl”

Can you confirm these are your settings?

I did it on a 2.0.15 store and it ran and processed in under 1 second.[/QUOTE]

Hi thats my setting, yes

Is this cart that you just tried the order on using the sqlite caching?

Also is this cart that you tested on, one that is actually running and does it have a cron job to clear the cache setup?

Thanks

B

Okay, so I just spoke to me hosting company and they said that using the url that you guys have stated with the &cc on the end clears the /var/cache folder only but is very quickly repopulated, it does not clear compiled*

So now my issues left are only why the page hangs on checkout and when adding a product… everything in the background gets done biut something prevents the page from changing quickly… looking at RAW Apache logs now…

which folder/files does the ?cc supposed to clear anyways?

my /public_html/var/compiled folder only has ADMIN and MAIL folder

[url]https://www.domain/admin.php?dispatch=orders.manage&cc[/url]

just tried this again and it works to delete the customer folder in public_html/var/compiled/customer

it leaves the admin and mail folder intact though, are those supposed to be deleted as well?

[url]https://www.domain/admin.php?dispatch=orders.manage&cc[/url]

I would recommend to delete it manualy.

All files and folders in:

/var/cache/

/var/compiled/

[quote name=‘purelife’][url]https://www.domain/admin.php?dispatch=orders.manage&cc[/url]

just tried this again and it works to delete the customer folder in public_html/var/compiled/customer

it leaves the admin and mail folder intact though, are those supposed to be deleted as well?

[url]https://www.domain/admin.php?dispatch=orders.manage&cc[/url][/QUOTE]

They were deleted. After your cleared the cache the page refreshed and began caching again.

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Okay, so I just spoke to me hosting company and they said that using the url that you guys have stated with the &cc on the end clears the /var/cache folder only but is very quickly repopulated, it does not clear compiled*

So now my issues left are only why the page hangs on checkout and when adding a product… everything in the background gets done biut something prevents the page from changing quickly… looking at RAW Apache logs now…[/QUOTE]

I can understand your frustration on this and rightfully so and I don’t think the problem you are having has anything to do with caching , or at least in my opinion . I really don’t understand why do we have to clear the cache very often, in the 1.3 days we used to clear the cache only if we made any changes to the templates but now it is getting so confusing with all the caching methods introduced in 2.1 I’m not sure I understand the purpose of it and there are some people running cron jobs to clear the cache which could lead to disaster if you are not careful . I would love to hear from CS Cart on this and tell us what are the benefits of clearing the cache and best way to do it.

Joe

Guys, try using the “sqlite” method of cache which is now offered with Version 2.1, I believe you will find that it is no longer necessary to periodically clear the cache, in other words it works more as a set it & forget it situation… the way it should be!

Very quick & simple to setup & try it out, at the bottom of your config.local.php file, just change the cache type to Sqlite, clear out the entire contents of your /var/compiled/ & /var/cache/ folders & your off to Margaritaville. :wink: