what is the product configurator for?

im going through cs cart and see this under catalog, called configurator.

what is it for and how do i use it?

The configurator is for building a product using components.

Check out [url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

It’s a really neat addon, but it needs some work. It’s also not the easiest to set up.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]The configurator is for building a product using components.

Check out [url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

It’s a really neat addon, but it needs some work. It’s also not the easiest to set up.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

hey brandon, i tried that url but it said 404 not found page=(

yea I was looking in the manual and from what I read it seems like a pretty neat little addon, but I can tell its kinda difficult and i really don’t even know where to begin in trying to figure it out ha

hey btw did you get my e-mail at all?

Hmm, not sure why the link doesn’t work.

If you go to http://demo.cs-cart.com and click on the build PC banner, you will be taken to the configurator.

I did get your email. I’ll email you in a bit.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Hmm, not sure why the link doesn’t work.

If you go to http://demo.cs-cart.com and click on the build PC banner, you will be taken to the configurator.

I did get your email. I’ll email you in a bit.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

wow that product configuration on that demo site is really nice, im going to have to figure out how to use that!

and awesome. Talk to you soon.

The Product Configurator works quite well. It’s biggest weaknest is the configured products can not have Options. For a lot of my sites that is a show stopper.

Nor can the sub-products have quantity other than 1.

The configurator was developed to meet the specific needs of some customer way back when. It has never been updated or really completed to meet the needs of most merchants. Unless your “kits” are composed of single items with no options, it’s effectively useless.

I spent days trying to get the JS to work right for using quantites and options. The customer sold gift baskets and the goal was to define the contents using a basket type as the base product and then adding to it…

Pulled what little hair I had left out and gave up.

I can’t seem to work it out either, ideally i’d like a configurator block on the catagories page with

Manufacturer>Model>Part Description>Product.

Can’t get this working what so ever :frowning:

It doesn’t go in a block and is not a category operation. It is a product detail page function. You need to tick off the checkbox on a product stating that it is a configurable product.