What Does Registry::set('log_Cut_Data', Array('soap')); Mean?

I use

<br />
Registry::set('log_cut_data', array('soap'));<br />

```<br />
before<br />
```php
<br />
$response = Http::post("https://api.n11.com/ws/ProductService.wsdl", $post_data, array( 'headers' => array('Content-type: text/xml')));<br />

```<br />
<br />
everytime when I need to use  Http::post. What does [b]Registry::set('log_cut_data', array('soap'));[/b] mean exactly? Do I have to use it?

It will strip any array items in the posted data that are named 'soap' from being included in the log file. It is most commonly used to prevent credit card details from being logged while still logging the transaction.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1425338547' post='206855']

It will strip any array items in the posted data that are named 'soap' from being included in the log file. It is most commonly used to prevent credit card details from being logged while still logging the transaction.

[/quote]

Should I use this while posting data that doesn't include credit card info? What happens if I don't use log_cut_data?

The the data sent in the transaction will be recorded in the log (assuming you have request logging enabled). It is definitely not required but using it can keep your logs tidier when not trying to debug transactions.