Weird / Strange Characters After Cs Cart Admin Backup /restore Database

Hello

I backup my database from cs cart admin panel and I did a restore and the text of my entire site front-end, back-end including text of products replaced with weird characters

here is the image with some example

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5201/Ayw3aF.jpg

and here a text

"

Cele mai bine vândute produse & produse la promotie

Colectează cele mai bune vânzări & produse la promoție şi adaugă bloc pentru a arăta astfel de produse

"

Can anyvody help.

Cs cart support said that is not know bug in standard cs cart so they don t give me any help.

Do you see broken text if you open the .sql file in any file editor?

yes is also in sql

I checked the database in phpmyadmin

also exported and opened with notepad++

Did you save the file after is was opened in notepad++?

I did only for the mysql table where products data are saved. I replaced the weird characters with the correct one using search replace function from notepad++. Subsequently I impoted the sql into database.

However also the content in admin panel / customer area has weird characters and I didn 't try to replace for those as I might do something wrong as I am not cs cart expert and don t know how structure is and how it works…

Please contact server administrator and ask him to provide you with the database backup with the correct characters which should be made before the corrupted file was restored.

thanks

Experts!

I'm trying to backup my CS-Cart Multivendor 4.3.1. I selected all files, and options and Compress backup file type is tgz. Backup runs well, but not sure where exactly it's storing backup file.

It's doesn't ask me to save anywhere or download.

Assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you.

[quote name='sendrrmy' timestamp='1434906193' post='219804']

Experts!

I'm trying to backup my CS-Cart Multivendor 4.3.1. I selected all files, and options and Compress backup file type is tgz. Backup runs well, but not sure where exactly it's storing backup file.

It's doesn't ask me to save anywhere or download.

Assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Check var/backups folder.

Please take a look:

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1434987645' post='219957']

Please take a look:

http://www.cs-cart.c…on_database.htm

[/quote]

When I select “Extra Folders” during taking backup, its not working. Otherwise it does.