Website lockup when calculating shipping costs.

To introduce myself, let me say that I am very new to CS-Cart. I am a new employee for a small company that took me on to work on their website.

We have been adding alot of subcategories and it has become difficult for the enduser to find exactly what they want on our site. I am trying to create a JS form in the HTML block which uses multiple drop down selection boxes to help navigate our products.

I want to pull the data from CPanel's MySql server to populate each drop down box. This way the code will not need to be updated every time a category is added in CS-Cart. I have created an addon in PHP that fetchs all of the category names we want and places them in an array. The php code is written so that it only works on the site with the JS form.

The problem I am having is that while my addon is enabled on the site, the checkout process will not function. Specifically, the site is unable to calculate the shipping costs.

I have narrowed the issue down to my addon simplyby disabling and renabling while testing. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Poor timing when I created this post due to the Thanksgiving weekend. Has anyone else run into this problem before?