Webp Images - Talk To Me!

Google Page Insights recommends changing my images to a next gen format and recommends WebP. The file size savings are actually huge compared to the other recommendation (JPEG2000) - so I'd really like to find a way to use WebP.

Anyone have any experience with WebP images? CS Cart won't currently let me upload these images and I know some browsers don't currently support. Any advice/recommendations?

Thanks chaps

Are you already using imagick?

Also, try Shortpixel :)

Hi Flow, I wasn't using imagick, new to me. Have now installed it on CPanel, but not sure how to use it. Can you advise?

Also, after I've created the WebP images using ShortPixel, how do I serve/use them? Shortpixel says I need a plugin?

Actually CS-Cart core does not support these types of images. If you want to use them, you should not only install imagick library. Code changes are also required

I have Imagick installed on CPanel now - how do I use it with CS Cart?

And what code changes are required?

There is a HUGE advantage to using these, especially on Mobile, so I really want to learn more and implement them if I can.

I have Imagick installed on CPanel now - how do I use it with CS Cart?

And what code changes are required?

There is a HUGE advantage to using these, especially on Mobile, so I really want to learn more and implement them if I can.

Is it is installed correctly, CS-Cart will use it. Also you can defined used library in the config.local.php file

'image_resize_lib' => 'auto', // library to resize images - "auto", "gd" or "imagick"

How can I test if its working with CS Cart properly? Thanks

Also, do mind that many browsers do not support this filetype. Therefore you should store a seperate jpg and webp image and only server webp when the browser supports it.

If you need any help, please contact us.

Upload new image or clear image thumbnails . If they will be regenerated correctly, everything works ok

Is there any addon for functionality to use WEbp images for cs-cart?

We are working on such module now. Can provide you with it for testing

We will be happy to test it. We have a test site also.

We are working on such module now. Can provide you with it for testing

PM me, please

We will be happy to test it. We have a test site also.