We purchased CS-CART only to receive an legal threat

Here we have found a big problem FOR CS-CART and his CUSTOMERS (US)

License agreement said:

[QUOTE]2.2 Restrictions

The Software may be used on one website/computer owned by you. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense, transfer, pledge, lease, rent, or share your rights under this License Agreement. You may not remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software.

You are not authorized to install more than one copy of the Software on the website available on the Internet. The Software may not be installed on more than one website available on the Internet.

[/QUOTE]

GMEE RECODED the script (software) under the consentiment of CS-CART and now he has 2 shops in 1 COMPUTER in a 1 FRESH INSTALLATION , using 2 DOMAINS.

ABOUT CS-CART SAID :

[QUOTE]The Software may not be installed on more than one website available on the Internet.[/QUOTE]

What CS-CART means with “on more than one website available on internet”? does it means DOMAINS, DNS?..

I think CS-CART has a problem with the license agreement in this case…

If GMEE is telling the TRUE about he has just ONE INSTALLATION IN ON COMPUTER, CS-CART better change now the license agreement specifying this case something like: " It´s forbidden to alter the code of the software to make 2 or more shops in just one installation" or something else.

I said it again … if GMEE is telling the true, in court he´d win for sure.

But if GMEE wins, CS-CART SHOULD RESTRICT THE USE OF SEVERAL DOMAINS FOR ONE SHOP FOR ALL HIS CUSTOMERS , and this will hurt some customers of CS-CART that they are right now redirecting his domains to another domains and they are using just one shop non recoded.

A similar example of this case:

What about if Microsoft charge you for another license if you use the remote desktop?

WHAT WE DO NOW??

I can’t believe this thread is even open still.

What do you people, that are arguing against CS-Cart, don’t understand about…

[QUOTE]Paragraph 1. LICENSE GRANT “This Software is licensed to be installed and used on only one domain. A valid license must be purchased for each domain on which the Software is installed and for each additional installation on the same domain.”[/QUOTE]

gmee does not have redirects to his licensed domain. There are domains specifically accessing the same cart.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I can’t believe this thread is even open still[/quote]

About time someone said that.

Those who want the truth from the owner and developer of CS-Cart should direct queries through the cs-cart helpdesk.

Closed