Visitors need to Filter by Product Options

A bit too expensive I would say… 60euro without testing it…

dvsgr, can you share some video/demo how this will work? I can imagine how it is supposed to work, I just need to understand whether your addon does what I expect.

Thanks!

Hi

sorry for the delay, didnt get that forum notice

Have a look here see it live in [url=“Apparel :: Men's Clothing”]http://leweb.gr/cs40...category_id=224[/url]

Also here are some pictures of the backend

1.Choose from the Filters List the very last -Options

2. A second dropdown showup and you can now choose the option you need to filter by

3. End Result looks like this

More info available on the product page in cscart.biz (http://www.cscart.bi…on-filters.html)

Very important notice: You need to replace 2 core files unfortunately, as filter fucntions are very comple and deep implemented.

Fotis

Hi guys

version 4.1.3 is also ready for sale!

Option Filters for v4.x - CS-Cart Addons/Πρόσθετα at Cscart.Biz | CS-Cart Market by Dvs.gr

Fotis

Greed? 80 bucks? What for? How much does Cscart software cost? Hey guys use your head and always learn how to go for the easier and cheapest solution.

Why not remain the default options to work for you?

Go to Features > Rename “Electronics” to options.

Then the options under electronics, rename them. For example… Operating system rename to Color, and display to whatever you want, like Size? Then enter the colors you want in the variant tab. Blue, red, white and so on… Go to the feature tab in the product you're trying to list and add the color and size as feature. You cna add more and more…

It should be displayed on all categories, cscart automatically only display applicable filters on applicable categories. It works for me like a charm!

Note: When you want to add an option under features, click Features > Add Feature… Enter Feature name i.e Size… Type > Text > then it pops out > Variants tab

That's where the trick is, that way it shows on your product filter on the sidebox.

I hope that helps?

Many important features are missing from Cscart, a shopping cart software capable of taking over the entire market fails to deploy some basic and important features that will take the internet by storm but they're surprisingly missing! Snippets, product variations styling, themes, can go on and on but well it's still my favorite cart.

Cheers!

[quote name='tapag' timestamp='1396607201' post='180964']

Greed? 80 bucks? What for? How much does Cscart software cost? Hey guys use your head and always learn how to go for the easier and cheapest solution.

Why not remain the default options to work for you?

Go to Features > Rename “Electronics” to options.

Then the options under electronics, rename them. For example… Operating system rename to Color, and display to whatever you want, like Size? Then enter the colors you want in the variant tab. Blue, red, white and so on… Go to the feature tab in the product you're trying to list and add the color and size as feature. You cna add more and more…

It should be displayed on all categories, cscart automatically only display applicable filters on applicable categories. It works for me like a charm!

Note: When you want to add an option under features, click Features > Add Feature… Enter Feature name i.e Size… Type > Text > then it pops out > Variants tab

That's where the trick is, that way it shows on your product filter on the sidebox.

I hope that helps?

Many important features are missing from Cscart, a shopping cart software capable of taking over the entire market fails to deploy some basic and important features that will take the internet by storm but they're surprisingly missing! Snippets, product variations styling, themes, can go on and on but well it's still my favorite cart.

Cheers!

[/quote]

What about tracking inventory by products options, option combinations, product code for each combination and ability to select required options on the product details page? You solution will not work for 90% of stores. dvsgr created an excellent add-on which will be useful for many customers. Nice work!

The main purpose for the filters is for customers to find products easily by clicking those options for easier navigation, what as that got to do with inventory? How many top ecommerce store uses that feature? When buying addons or developing a website… think like the customer, these customers are not interested in this, they want Brown leather belts, they click on color “brown” and it uses ajax to display only brown belts simple.

You want to show other options it's easy from what I explained up there, for either Condition, style, stock, same day shipping and whatever else!

If this addon offers a little more then it shouldn't cost this much. Cheers!

Dear tapag

It is clearly that you are in no need for this Addon, so I see not problem with the price for you!

If you have a large shop with undreds of features and you go add all possible options as features in order to filter with them alos, then a. you have double the work,

b.you need to constantly open and close features when a product option is not avaialble

That is a lot of job for a big shop.

So this is a solution to this problem. As I said you dont havethat problem, so why the post?

Fotis

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1396611422' post='180973']

What about tracking inventory by products options, option combinations, product code for each combination and ability to select required options on the product details page? You solution will not work for 90% of stores. dvsgr created an excellent add-on which will be useful for many customers. Nice work!

[/quote]

Thank you eComLabs for your nice words.

Much appreciated

Fotis

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1396613953' post='180981']

Thank you eComLabs for your nice words.

Much appreciated

Fotis

[/quote]

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1396613819' post='180980']

Dear tapag

It is clearly that you are in no need for this Addon, so I see not problem with the price for you!

If you have a large shop with undreds of features and you go add all possible options as features in order to filter with them alos, then a. you have double the work,

b.you need to constantly open and close features when a product option is not avaialble

That is a lot of job for a big shop.

So this is a solution to this problem. As I said you dont havethat problem, so why the post?

Fotis

PS if you combine this with the hide options that are not availble then you have filters that are accurate for the customer to choose!

[/quote]

Double work? hahaha, Big store or not… it's cool… I won't say much so it doesn't look like I'm discouraging people from buying your plugin, just be reasonable with your pricing.

Wish you luck with your sales!

[quote name='tapag' timestamp='1396616811' post='180982']

Double work? hahaha, Big store or not… it's cool… I won't say much so it doesn't look like I'm discouraging people from buying your plugin, just be reasonable with your pricing.

[/quote]

Dear tapag

I dont understand your hostility.

Thanks anyway for you wishes

Fotis

[quote name='tapag' timestamp='1396616811' post='180982']

[/quote]

This addon has been looked at by many in the past and dropped for one reason and another. I am happy to pay this price that saves the time and hassle of maintaining features/images/ colours/sizes and will do for all my stores.

Just a note on your comment about the cost of the cart, vs this addon your not comparing apples with apples, the whole cart is sold to many thousands of people so the cost of dev is offset due to the large customer base. The cost of the dev on this is sold to a much smaller base and needs to be paid for.

You come across as bolshy, even though you may not intend to.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1396630993' post='181010']

This addon has been looked at by many in the past and dropped for one reason and another. I am happy to pay this price that saves the time and hassle of maintaining features/images/ colours/sizes and will do for all my stores.

Just a note on your comment about the cost of the cart, vs this addon your not comparing apples with apples, the whole cart is sold to many thousands of people so the cost of dev is offset due to the large customer base. The cost of the dev on this is sold to a much smaller base and needs to be paid for.

You come across as bolshy, even though you may not intend to.

John

[/quote]

I can tell you're rich! Price dropped and I'm purchasing in some few mins.

Good luck to you

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1404716750' post='187065']

Good luck to you

[/quote]

Your luck not needed, thank you!

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1396617023' post='180983']

Dear tapag

I dont understand your hostility.

Thanks anyway for you wishes

Fotis

[/quote]

I purchased and it says version is 4.x.x, Always in this case it is compatible with all Version 4. Please let me know if this is going to work for Version 4.1.5, if not a refund will be appreciated. Thanks!

Okay, sorted. Thnx!

Major quetions:

• Does the addon work for v4.2.1?
  • Is it possible for products in the filtered product list to show up on images of selected option, not the default one?

Thanks.

Hi e-carter

-we have not fully tested that addon yet with 421, as soon as we do we will update the product description in our store

• I dont quite get your second question. I need more detail on what you need.

Fotis

[quote]- I dont quite get your second question. I need more detail on what you need.[/quote]

In your DEMO store, open Apparel page, click on Fairway/White box of color filter.

You will see grey Trefoil Hoody not green one as expected. If there was more products of Fairway color in inventory, more different color stuff would show up on the result page because the images on this page are not switched from default picture to the option variant picture which matches to the color selected in filter.

The very first impression for shopper would be that color filter does not work. Then if he followed to the product page, all the color options would appear and the filtered one amid them. The second impression would be that color filter works but incomplete.

In the list of filtered products the images should match the option variant (Fairway color in this case) selection in filter.

How doable is this?

-vladi

Hi Vladi

now I got it. Need to investigate this and I ll get back to you.

Fotis