Vendor name as link to vendor page

Does anyone know the best way make the vendor name an actual link to their Vendor Page? At the moment it is just plain text and not a link.

I am referring to the Vendor name as shown on the product list / prduct page.

Perhaps I have overlooked an option that already exists?

Any insights to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M Michael

Hello, Michael

Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

CS-CART support team, it would be nice if you share us the modification.

Other guys like tbrinseth share their knowledge without asking anything in return.

what’s the point in having this forum, if all the 2nd post like this

“Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.”

[quote name=‘vidan’]CS-CART support team, it would be nice if you share us the modification.

Other guys like tbrinseth share their knowledge without asking anything in return.

what’s the point in having this forum, if all the 2nd post like this

“Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.”[/QUOTE]

Hello, Michael

Thank you for your reply.

The forum is used for the communication between our clients. We just help if some questions are base and not answered. We do not post the modifications on the forum. In order to get the modifications, you need to post the message in the Customer Help Desk and order our support service.

Thank you.

Hi M Michael, not sure if you’ve found a solution yet or have contacted CS-Cart like they asked, but you will need to modify the product list and product page files (whichever template you are using). Eg in skins > your template > customer > blocks > product_templates > default_template.tpl (or whichever template you are using), change this:

{include file="views/companies/components/cat_product_company_data.tpl" company_id=$product.company_id}

to this:

{include file="views/companies/components/cat_product_company_data.tpl" company_id=$product.company_id}

am I too late? :)

Here you go buddy try this by editing views/companies/components/product_company_data.tpl

I have 2.1.4 v

instead of

<br />
{$s_companies[$company_id].company}<br />

```<br />
<br />
Put this<br />
```php
<br />
<a href="{"companies.view&company_id=`$product.company_id`"|fn_url}">{$s_companies[$company_id].company}</a><br />

```<br />
<br />
Don't be upset if they transfer you to the help desk, for one reason which is they do the best work in a short amount of time.<br />
<br />
Best Regards,<br />
Mishal

hey i have the same problem but on the 3.01 version. who can help me?

[quote name='Jesusarp' timestamp='1392453066' post='177533']

hey i have the same problem but on the 3.01 version. who can help me?

[/quote]

The code provided by Mishal should still work for 3.x.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1392453851' post='177534'] The code provided by Mishal should still work for 3.x. [/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]product_company_data.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]```php

{if $smarty.const.PRODUCT_TYPE == “MULTIVENDOR”}

{assign var=“lang_vendor_supplier” value=$lang.vendor}

{else}

{assign var=“lang_vendor_supplier” value=$lang.supplier}

{/if}[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] {if ($company_name || $company_id) && $settings.Suppliers.display_supplier == “Y”}

{$lang_vendor_supplier}:
{if $company_name}{$company_name}{else}{$company_id|fn_get_company_name}{/if}

{/if}

```[/font][/color]
Don't found the [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]```php [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]{$s_companies[$company_id].company}
```[/font][/color]

Help

This method doesn't work in V4. Does someone know how to replace standard url of vendor page to url with the name of Vendor?

[quote name='mmm' timestamp='1399066245' post='182808']

This method doesn't work in V4. Does someone know how to replace standard url of vendor page to url with the name of Vendor?

[/quote]

Have you enabled SEO addon?

for 4.x.x

the content of design/themes/basic/templates/views/companies/components/product_company_data.tpl must be

{if "MULTIVENDOR"|fn_allowed_for && ($company_name || $company_id) && $settings.Vendors.display_vendor == "Y"}

{/if}