Vendor distance from customer on map and further issue

Hi guys, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

On occasion (and by design, I believe) the distance between me and a vendor is shown in the “vendors near you” module. This however no longer shows: I have tried logging in as a vendor, as a customer, and as a guest yet cannot see the distance show up. Is this a known bug anyone else has experienced?

One other thing is I would love to display the vendors location on a google map, much like the built in vendor search does (but for specific vendors, on their profile). Does anyone know of any addon / utilisation of the current vendor location addon that can be used to achieve this?

Many thanks.

Hello!

Please, make sure that your vendors have filled their location and that the Customer’s location (from the Vendor locations [Beta] add-on) block is present in the layout pages of your installation. The store need to know both customer’s and vendor’s locations in order to be able to display distance between them.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I had two types of customer’s location blocks and I think one of them wasn’t configured correctly. Changed them around and now works fine. Thanks!

1 Like

You are welcome, I am happy to help :slight_smile:

Hi! Sorry, thought I had fixed it but I have not! Any advice would be most welcome.

So, in order to have the distance shown, I need to use one (of two) location blocks (called “My Location”), however this does not prompt users’ devices to automatically update their location based on ISP/device data. Instead, when clicked, it asks users to enter their address manually.

The block that does automatically request the most accurate location (called “Location”) works fine but does not work with showing the distance from vendors.

I’d rather not have two locations shown in the header (as shown in the screenshot below) so if there is a fix for this please let me know! Or, more likely, something I am doing wrong!

Unfortunately those are the blocks of two different add-ons, Maps and geolocation and Vendor locations [Beta]. Currently, these add-ons do not extend each other, but rather working separately. We have the feature request to merge them together and maybe it will be implemented in the future.

1 Like