Vendor Description

I noticed that the vendor description has an odditity. DOnt think I have seen it before.

See here:

http://prnt.sc/10452ur

The contact information shows the text (in HTML with HTML tags) while thsi is also shown (properly) under the description.

I assume this is a tpl file I can change?

Which one? Where?

Thanks,

Arnaud

Template is located here

design/themes/responsive/templates/views/companies/view.tpl

But description field is not displayed out of the box in the Contact information section

So this template was modified or overrided by 3rd party addon

Can it be that you use a theme by Alexbranding?

We have the same issue (we use Unitheme) and the way I "solved" this problem was to untick the "show on storefront" checkbox of the description in Administration / profile fields / Vendor information. This gets rid of the description in both places.

In order to still have a description on the vendor page, I simply added the "vendor information" block underneath the main content in Design/Layouts of the Vendor(companies.view) layout page.

Not the most streamlined version, but since we have changed the vendor page with additional buttons to link terms and conditions etc., it works really well.

Thanks! Let me start switching off add-ons!

Can it be that you use a theme by Alexbranding?

We have the same issue (we use Unitheme) and the way I "solved" this problem was to untick the "show on storefront" checkbox of the description in Administration / profile fields / Vendor information. This gets rid of the description in both places.

There you go! Thanks! Did the trick for me. Indeed we use Youpi!

Related to this, does anyone know how to hide the Vendor Contact information in this section so that it only shows the Vendor/Company name?

Related to this, does anyone know how to hide the Vendor Contact information in this section so that it only shows the Vendor/Company name?

Same place.....Administration / profile fields / Vendor information

There you can check mark what field to show......

Thank you very much!

Same place.....Administration / profile fields / Vendor information

There you can check mark what field to show......

Note that in this case fields will hidden from the update vendor profiles/ become a vendor pages

Note that in this case fields will hidden from the update vendor profiles/ become a vendor pages

Thankfully there appears to be a storefront checkbox, which did what I required.

The final problem I'm facing is that we are using Packing Slips to provide to our drivers to know where to pick up/drop off items to. So that will need to be showing the vendor address (but pretty much nowhere else).

Any idea how I could do this?

Template is located here

design/themes/responsive/templates/views/companies/view.tpl

But description field is not displayed out of the box in the Contact information section

So this template was modified or overrided by 3rd party addon

i am having the same issue. I disabled all addons but still the issue persists. Any solutions?

Examination is required in this case

I just got a response from CS-Cart. It is a bug and will be fixed in next version. I can send a diff file if anyone is interested.

I just got a response from CS-Cart. It is a bug and will be fixed in next version. I can send a diff file if anyone is interested.

Thank you for keeping us updated