V4.12 Shipping Method / Weight Unit Problem

Has anyone else noticed the Shipping Method in the new version, no longer accepts decimal places in the Weight Condition? So if your store was set up with the Weight Unit as KG, your weight condition for shipping has to be 1kg, 2kg, etc.

I thought one quick fix was to change the weight unit of the store from KG to Grams, but this doesn't convert the weight you've already provided for the products. It is also more confusing if you have multiple stores with different shipping methods, because if you have entered 5.27 as the weight but change weight symbols in different stores, then the weight is displayed as 5.27kg in one store, and 5.27g in another store.

Yes. Got the same issue. Pitty I found out ony after got orders with wrong shipping fee calculated. Lost lot of money within the last week until I noticed that customers are now paying lower fees and had to disable the shipping method and do some work around, which is far from being perfect or even solving the problem but at least the shop can still run and accept orders.

I've posted this issue on bug tracker not long ago. You can add comments there and let devs know more details about this.

On official demo it seems to accept decimals but it rounds them to 10gr and it should be to the gram. Wrong sorting of weight conditions - not from low to high, as it naturally should be, also adding weight conditions is not working well - after "save", some of the conditions are gone and most of the time only two remain saved. Why did they need to change the old version? It was working fine and

I find it more convenient than the new UI. Maybe there are other issues too but that's what I've found in about 5-10 min "testing"

after changing to grams, have you made sure you change the number of units to 1

Seems it works well with settings as on screenshot. Old version was ok and with much better interface - all info visible without having to make extra clicks. Why changing something that works fine?

[attachment=14781:Settings General - Admin panel.png]

Settings General - Admin panel.png

sorry yes that what I have dont know why i said 1000?

sorry yes that what I have dont know why i said 1000?

it's alright.

I was hoping only the famous checkout will continue to be the major issue in the latest cart version but, well... I wonder what kind of surprises we'd get with 4.12.2 next march :grin:

So does this mean you guys are changing the default store weight to grams and entering all your weights in as grams too or just changing to grams but keeping the the actual value as KG?

Am still waiting to hear if CS-Cart does identify this as a bug. My worry with changing, is if they do think it’s a bug and fix it on the next update, I’d again have to change it all back again

So does this mean you guys are changing the default store weight to grams and entering all your weights in as grams too or just changing to grams but keeping the the actual value as KG?
Am still waiting to hear if CS-Cart does identify this as a bug. My worry with changing, is if they do think it's a bug and fix it on the next update, I'd again have to change it all back again

Setting it in grams seems to work but I haven't test it thoroughly. The issue is if you change the weight units, cart won't re-calculate the already specified product weights and you get weird results. You'll need to set weights for each product again. That can be considered as another bug too.

What cs-cart team would consider this like - only they can tell. Hopefully their answer, if any, wouldn't be "works as designed" :)