Utf-8 characters in the URL

Hi again.

I have a client who wishes to have Greek words in the url when SEO is enabled. That is utf-8 characters, which in the Greek Google are very important actually and they rank better than the latin characters.

And I should point out here that all Greek stores must double write the Seo names cause all the Greek Letters are striped from the Seo Name, so have to write it in Greeklish as we say ( Greek words in Latin Characters).

That is a huge time waste and it leads most times in errors in the description because of the correct use of Latin letters in the Greek Words (Our letter “theta” can be as “th” in word but also as the number “8”, or the letter “e” has many different letters in the Greek Language).

So you see that actually it would be a huge step for us to have a code tweak like that.

Hope that someone has this…

Fotis

The greek market really needs this feature!

So no answer from support on that?

Come on Cs-cart guys, this should be standard for languages like Greek or Kyrilik

Fotis

Hello,

Thank you for your messages.

Unfortunately, some PHP code changes are required to be made to implement this feature. You can make them yourself (if you know PHP) or hire a third-party developer (here you can find a lot of offers from CS-Cart developers or consider our custom development service).

Thank you for understanding.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi!

this is a real problem for us.

i changed cs_cart_seo_names to utf8_greek_general_ci through php myadmin but nothing happened unfortunately.

Well thank you Pavel for the advise.

I will have prop ably to speak with Cs-cart in-house development service.

Fotis

Hello,

Thank you for your messages.

[quote]Hi!

this is a real problem for us.

i changed cs_cart_seo_names to utf8_greek_general_ci through php myadmin but nothing happened unfortunately.[/quote]

Unfortunately, it is not enough just to change the encoding of some table to implement it. As I told in my previous message, some PHP code changes are required to be made to implement this feature.

[quote]Well thank you Pavel for the advise.

I will have prop ably to speak with Cs-cart in-house development service.

Fotis[/quote]

You are welcome.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

greek letter in seo url is VERY important. many sites support it, like joomla,wordpress, forum scripts and other ecommerce scripts. Cs-cart is the best ecommerce. You should fix this.

And i don't believe this is lot of work. Because if i use phpmyadmin and write in a product's seo name some greek letters, it will accept it.!! But if then i go to admin panel>product>seo name> the greek letter disappear. and if i click “Save” it will removed as well.So the problem is at the admin's script code

[quote name='elk' timestamp='1332413487' post='133603']

greek letter in seo url is VERY important. many sites support it, like joomla,wordpress, forum scripts and other ecommerce scripts. Cs-cart is the best ecommerce. You should fix this.

And i don't believe this is lot of work. Because if i use phpmyadmin and write in a product's seo name some greek letters, it will accept it.!! But if then i go to admin panel>product>seo name> the greek letter disappear. and if i click “Save” it will removed as well.So the problem is at the admin's script code

[/quote] You can see the hint here to solve your problem : I need to change some SEF settings - Configuration - CS-Cart Community Forums

If not i can do it for you with a low price.

You can change /addon/seo/func.php, Add this line of code

$url_pattern = urldecode($url_pattern);

just after

if ((AREA == 'C') && !empty($req['sef_rewrite'])) {

// Remove web directory from request
if (!preg_match('!^(' . $current_path . ')?/(' . $config['customer_index'] . ')(.*)$!', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) {

$url_pattern = @parse_url($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

if you save you seo names in the database correctly in greek then this should work perfectly