Usps First Class Mail Not Working

my usps first class was working till august 31 then it has not been working im not sure what is going on can someone advize what could be going on here ?

I've just spent the last two hours trying to riddle out what has happened to First Class Mail. No joy.

I gave up and just changed the Shipping service to USPS Media Mail, it returns about the same rate as First Class used to.

Be sure you have a weight limit set up (I chose "from 0.00 to 0.90" because CSC doesn't support tare weights, and I have to allow for the packaging.)

The error message a get when testing First Class Mail indicates that the service is no longer valid, I expect this means that they don't want to call First Class parcels by the same name anymore, and I don't know what the service should be renamed to.

We are having the same issue with certain USPS service levels, specifically First Class Mail and Priority Mail Regional Rate. This is the error message we are getting when we do a test rate in CSC:

Shipping service: USPS First-Class Mail Weight: 0.10 lbs Error: The requested Mail Service is only available when Ground Transportation is required, when the Zone is 5-9, or the mail piece is Oversized. / The requested Mail Service is not available for the specified customer type. / Invalid value specified for Service. Refer to online documentation for valid Service types.

We are using 4.3.3 SP1

USPS did an update on Sept 4 and cscart needs to make an update to match it accordingly. As usual cscart is reactive and not proactive. USPS announced this update was coming months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please open the app/Tygh/Shippings/Services/Usps.php file and add the following lines:

} elseif (strpos($service_name, 'FIRST CLASS PACKAGE SERVICE') !== false) {
                                $service_name = 'FIRST CLASS MAIL';

after:

} elseif (strpos($service_name, 'FIRST CLASS MAIL') !== false) {

then save the changes.

These changes will be included in CS-Cart 4.6.3

is there anyway to edit the files from the admin side?

We just updated to 4.6.2 and am having people call with problems with USPS.

I would like to make the change CS-Cart Team recommended, but I don't see where to do it.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:30 AM#6

Please open the app/Tygh/Shippings/Services/Usps.php file and add the following lines:

} elseif (strpos($service_name, 'FIRST CLASS PACKAGE SERVICE') !== false) {

after:

} elseif (strpos($service_name, 'FIRST CLASS MAIL') !== false) {

then save the changes.

These changes will be included in CS-Cart 4.6.3

is there anyway to edit the files from the admin side?

No. It has to be edited via FTP or a file manager on your server.