User Account/Email Activation/Confirmation Link?

Hello. I want users/customers have to confirm/activate their email addresses when that signing up to our web site. I couldn’t find any way to sending user account activation link. Whre is the settings that I can set up?

[quote name='ooaykac' timestamp='1377152981' post='167177']

Hello. I want users/customers have to confirm/activate their email addresses when that signing up to our web site. I couldn't find any way to sending user account activation link. Whre is the settings that I can set up?

[/quote]

Admin->Settings->General and tick Administrator must activate new user accounts

John

Ooaykac, it's called “double opt-in”. It's typically used for subscribing to Newsletters (in CS-Cart you set up an Autoresponder under Newsletters menu and then choose it for the confirmation email message under the Mailing List you want it used for.) This prevents you from sending your Newsletter to those who don't really want it, or to bad email addresses.

For “double opt-in” registration for a User Account…, perhaps there's an addon for this via 3rd party. The problem with the concept though is that it STOPS ecommerce, it potentially blocks new customers from completing checkout. What are you selling that requires double opt-in registration? or are you really just looking for a solution that validates the email address on the account?

I am very interested in this as well.

Allowing the admin to activate a new user does not require a good/working email, i would like make sure the email address entered by the user is correct.

Is there an Add-on for this ?

Thanks in advance

You guys are talking about several different things and trying to make them sound the same.

1. You can verify and email address is deliverable by making an SMTP connection to their mail server and requesting to send a message to that user (without actually doing so). If that succeeds then you know the email is valid but you don't know that person signed up on your site. Only that the email is deliverable.

2. You can create an addon that will send an opt-in email to a customer that contains a link to authenticate their account. The admin would then verify that the account has been authenticated before activation. Or you could have the addon then auto-activate the account. YOu will then know that the user who entered the email address in fact wanted to be registered on your site.

I'm not aware of addons that exist for either of these two scenarios and doubt they would be popular enough for a developer to make the investment and ever recover their costs.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1377460685' post='167345']

2) You can create an addon that will send an opt-in email to a customer that contains a link to authenticate their account. The admin would then verify that the account has been authenticated before activation. Or you could have the addon then auto-activate the account. YOu will then know that the user who entered the email address in fact wanted to be registered on your site.

I'm not aware of addons that exist for either of these two scenarios and doubt they would be popular enough for a developer to make the investment and ever recover their costs.

[/quote]

This is what i am looking for, but to be done Automatically. Most of the sites have this, as you need to make sure the email is correct, so when it comes time for the customer to purchase, you will have less of a chance for theft or use of stolen credit card or wrong info.

I think this would be a great add-on and i believe it would sell well.

Anyone currently offer this ? please reply.

Thanks

[quote name='ZMASON' timestamp='1377637972' post='167446']

This is what i am looking for, but to be done Automatically. Most of the sites have this, as you need to make sure the email is correct, so when it comes time for the customer to purchase, you will have less of a chance for theft or use of stolen credit card or wrong info.

I think this would be a great add-on and i believe it would sell well.

Anyone currently offer this ? please reply.

Thanks

[/quote]

This should not involve admin verification. Just a encrypted link is enough. What is your cart version btw?

Found it: [url=“http://www.webgraphiq.com/cs-cart-account-activation-v3.html”]Search results

[quote name='ZMASON' timestamp='1378307924' post='167743']

Found it: http://www.webgraphi…ivation-v3.html

[/quote]

Thank you for posting it.

The Account activation add-on is also available for the 4.x editions:

http://www.webgraphiq.com/account-activation-v4.html