Use inventory on some products but not others

HI All,

I have a lot of products that are end of line and when they are gone they are gone, but I dont use track inventory tracking in my normal store.

But I want to add a section for the end of line stuff…lets say 20 of a particular product at a stupid low price and allow this product to use inventory so that when 20 have been sold its gone?

Any chance

John

Ding dong?

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]HI All,

I have a lot of products that are end of line and when they are gone they are gone, but I dont use track inventory tracking in my normal store.

But I want to add a section for the end of line stuff…lets say 20 of a particular product at a stupid low price and allow this product to use inventory so that when 20 have been sold its gone?

Any chance

John[/QUOTE]

DING!

John, you should give inventory tracking a try because it does give you alot more control over handling situations just as you mention above.

Try this, turn on the inventory tracking option in your store and then for all items in your store of which you are not overly concerned with inventory, set the inventory levels stupid high (EX: For Item xzy your annual sales are 25 pcs, so set your inventory level at 50,000 pcs).

Then for the item you mention above of which you have limited inventory & simply want to get it outta there with some blowout price, set the inventory level for this item at 20 Pcs.

Then, under Admin>Settings>General

Check Off “Enable Inventory Tracking”

UnCheck “Allow Negative Amount in Inventory”

By doing this you can blowout that particular product without running the risk of selling more than you actually have available (if you have the inventory set at 20 pcs and a customer attempts to order 21 pcs the customer will rcv a notice that they can only purchase 20 Pcs & the quantity is adjusted accordingly in the cart.)

Put That in Your Pipe & Smoke it … SWEET! :wink:

I don’t use inventory tracking but can’t you turn it on and set all products to “Inventory: Do Not Track” and those that you do want to track set them to either “track with options” or “track without options”?

Seems to me like the cart already allows for what you want to do or does this functionality not work this way?