[urgent]How to unblock an Ip address?

Can anyone explain me how to unblcok an Ip address for the front and the back end of the cart?

I seem to have messed up and locked myself out of my own cart hehehehehe. My Ip address is blocked which isn’t a big deal as long as I can unblock it somehow. I can always ask a friend to login in and unblock me but the question remains how?

Regards,

Martin

Through your hosting panel find PHPMYADMIN

Find the appropriate database that your store is run from.

Search your IP address via the search tab. Anything with your detail address should be changed by modifying the 3rd series of numbers ie 74.125.[COLOR=Red]19[/COLOR].147 by increasing the value.

That should be it.

If you want your friend to login click on addons then untick “access restrictions” Done.

[url]http://vb.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=7045[/url]

I went to phpmyadmin.

When I search in the entire database nothing is found. However when I search in [COLOR=#800080]cscart_access_restriction_ips[/COLOR] in

item_id

ip_from

ip_to

type

avail

timestamp

expires

I do find a number of instances of my Ip address.

When I then click Edit button (next to Explain sql, Create php code and refresh) a new little screen opens.

In this screen I see a whole bunch of information including a number of times my ip address. I change the 3 series of numbers of every mentioning of my Ip address. On the left of this information there is a small list of the above mentioned list

item_id

ip_from

ip_to

type

avail

timestamp

expires

I can insert this list if I want to but I don’t because I don’t know what it means.

The only part that is ticked off is the: show this query here again and do not override this query from outside the window.

I hit the Go button.

My Ip is still blocked.

I see in my browser

Run SQL query/queries on database

There is also a Go button but when I click this nothing happens. My Ip is still blocked.

When I do a new search of my Ip I can still find it. Nothing changed. The new Ip I entered (by increasing the value of the 3 series of numbers) can also be found. So now I have two Ip address blocked:-). My own and the fictional one:-)…

I assume I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what.

Could you help me a bit more:-).

Regards,

Martin

[quote name=‘S-Combs’][url]http://vb.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=7045[/url][/QUOTE]

This is the easiest way!!!

BarryH

Hello Barry,

I also tried that but to no avail. I am probably to stupid to get it working:-).

I choose my database and clicked on the quesry tab at the top.

In the field

SQL query on database …

I placed the line provided by s-combs:

UPDATE `cscart_settings` SET value='N' WHERE option_name='access_restrictions';

but then I get a warning stating:

You have to choose at least one column to display

I have no idea what that means. I do see the columns option but there I can choose between:

I have no idea what to choose:-(

Obviously I need more help:-(.

Regards,

Martin

I solved it. I ran the query not in the page under the query tab but in the page under the SQL tab.

So for any other folks who have locked themselves out of their store (front end and/or back end):-).

Go to PHP Myadmin

on the left hit the database that points to your store (it is in BOLD text) if you have more databases running just click on one of them and below the one you clicked you see a bunch of lines. If you have choosen the correct database you will see that every line starts with cscart so you know you have choosen the right database if not try another database.

Then on the right, click the SQL tab.

You see a textfield just below the line:

Place the line

UPDATE `cscart_settings` SET value='N' WHERE option_name='access_restrictions';

in there and hit the Go button at the bottom right.

That’s all!

Now all restricted IP addresses are removed.

Regards,

Martin

[quote name=‘Martin’]

Now all restricted IP addresses are removed.[/quote]

Nope, the banned IP addresses are still there, the module itself it turned off rather.

remove all restricted IP addresses before you turn the module back on again :wink:

Your kidding right?:frowning:

Well in that case I am still not sure how I would go about removing those restricted IP addresses.

I really need more help with obviously:( .

Regards,

Martin

The blocked ip’s are located in the “cscart_access_restriction_ips” table. You remove them from there.

Hello Tool Outfitters,

I feel a bit embaressed and I hope i am not starting to annoy anyone but as stated in my post above:

[QUOTE]I went to phpmyadmin.

When I search in the entire database nothing is found. However when I search in [COLOR=#800080]cscart_access_restriction_ips[/COLOR] in

item_id

ip_from

ip_to

type

avail

timestamp

expires

I do find a number of instances of my Ip address.

When I then click Edit button (next to Explain sql, Create php code and refresh) a new little screen opens.

In this screen I see a whole bunch of information including a number of times my ip address. I change the 3 series of numbers of every mentioning of my Ip address. On the left of this information there is a small list of the above mentioned list

item_id

ip_from

ip_to

type

avail

timestamp

expires

I can insert this list if I want to but I don’t because I don’t know what it means.

The only part that is ticked off is the: show this query here again and do not override this query from outside the window.

I hit the Go button.

My Ip is still blocked.

I see in my browser

There is also a Go button but when I click this nothing happens. My Ip is still blocked.

When I do a new search of my Ip I can still find it. Nothing changed. The new Ip I entered (by increasing the value of the 3 series of numbers) can also be found. So now I have two Ip address blocked:smile:. My own and the fictional one:smile:…

I assume I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what I am doing so I can’t seem to get the Ip’s removed.

Could you help me a bit more:smile:.

Regards,

Martin

[quote name=‘Martin’]Hello Tool Outfitters,

I feel a bit embaressed and I hope i am not starting to annoy anyone but as stated in my post above:

I have no idea what I am doing so I can’t seem to get the Ip’s removed.

Could you help me a bit more:smile:.

Regards,

Martin[/QUOTE]

When you have selected the table you then need to view it’s contents rather than it’s structure. I can’t think off the top of my head which button, but it is at the top left of the button bar.

Once you do this you will then see the ip’s and you can remove the one (or more) that you wish to.

BarryH

Hi Martin, you need to select the “Browse” button to view the data. I can’t show you an example because my table is empty and won’t allow me to open it.

When I select the cscart_access_restriction_ips" table I am unable to click the browse button. It’s greyed out and when I mouse over it I see a little red square with a black cross in it.

As far as I can tell the Ip addresses are gone and the table is empty.

Regards,

Martin

Exactly. That’s why I couldn’t show you an example.

But then I could assume that JesseLeeStringer was wrong when he said:

[QUOTE]

Nope, the banned IP addresses are still there, the module itself it turned off rather.

remove all restricted IP addresses before you turn the module back on again

[/QUOTE]

Well for the moment (untill proven otherwise:D) I am going to assume the problem is solved.

Thanks for all the help folks and especially you Tool Outfitters for responding so quickly.

It’s highly appreciated!

Regards,

Martin

Yes, the reason why it emptied is because it had an expire set to 24 hours from the time you locked yourself out.

[quote name=‘Martin’]But then I could assume that JesseLeeStringer was wrong when he said[/quote]

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]the reason why it emptied is because it had an expire set to 24 hours from the time you locked yourself out.[/quote]

I don’t use access restrictions (dumb to me) so for that reason some stuff I was taking a potluck shot for it.

an easy way if you dont have access to your server or you dont have the skills to unblock your ip via sql, is to change ur ip!

-using a proxy service you can easily do this

i recommend:

[url]http://www.vidalia-project.net/[/url]

it is opensource and has an easy on/off button(torbutton) that will integrate into your firefox browser.

this is a great way to accomplish lots of things, just my 2 cents