urgent - Got 1st PayPal order but no notice or money?

Hi, we just got our very first order, but we didn’t receive the standard email nor are there any funds or activity in our PayPal account (order shows they paid via paypal).

Anyone know why or what the next step should be?

Thanks

Brenda

[quote name=‘Brennie369’]Hi, we just got our very first order, but we didn’t receive the standard email nor are there any funds or activity in our PayPal account (order shows they paid via paypal).

Anyone know why or what the next step should be?

Thanks

Brenda[/QUOTE]

They could choose paypal as payment method, place order but did not login in to their paypal account.

No money in your paypal account then consider it as no order placed.

What is the order status.

People often go so far and then think stuff it before completing the final stage.

It may be that they have also had problems at the payment stage. If you have never had an order then make sure you put one through yourself so that you have tested the procedure in live mode and not just test mode.

I find it worthwhile sending an email to them saying you noticed that they blah blah - did they just change their mind or maybe they were unfortunate to run into problems at the payment stage blah blah. I think you should get the idea.

The payment was not finished. (100%)

I mean the order status is “Open”.

Payment status is open, correct. And I also just noticed on the order details it says $0.00 for Total PAID. DIdn’t notice that before, so I guess they cancelled before completing.

Thanks!

It will come - it will come. That first order.

Orders with a status of “Open” are orders that are not properly paid. You should contact the customer to close the sale and advise them to log into their account, view the order, then scroll down to the bottom to resubmit payment.

The other thing I did, was setup a test product worth $1.00 or some minimal amount, and do a couple of live transactions. Then go into your paypal account and check that everything has gone through smoothly, and you got the emails from paypal.

Then deny my own payments in paypal admin and refund myself the money - LOL. Still costs 30 cents per transaction though. Oh well. :rolleyes:

You can test PayPal with sandbox for free.

developer.paypal.com

sandbox.paypal.com

But should still always do a live test.

Listen to someone who knows that sandbox can be fine but live can then fail - me!

can not help more

than open a ticket at cs support

Thanks everyone for the replies. Turned out the customer cancelled the order at the final step. sigh

I have done live tests & all worked fine at that point so hopefully still when that first order does come.

Can’t WAIT for the first order!!! I’d want to hang the first dollar made but how do you do that with internet transactions? ::stuck_out_tongue: heehee