URGENT - coder needed

Hi

I have a real urgent need for someone to assist (payable) to come up with a solution to my needs.

I sell aviation products in Australia and I am also the Australian agent for a US store. A customer orders a product in my store and if it is a USA product, the store in the US sends the product to the customer.

I have tried to have their products in my store but there are many problems with currency exchange on a daily basis, invoicing if the customer’s order contains non US products because of invoice copies for customs, Custom duties and taxes, clearing charges etc, price changes of the US products, shipping charges and many more. The ideal solution is to just simply use their web site and ordering system within mine.

My idea of a solution would be:

• Have the product just simply listed in my store
  • The product details to be an iframe of the US store’s product details web page that contains the description, price and “Add to cart” button

The issues:
  • The US store’s web page contains all their menus etc so I need to strip that out and just leave the product details and price (all the components I need are just within one open and closing Form tag) or lock the iframe to just the portion of the page that is needed
  • The ordering process needs to be done using the US store’s cart system. Their product details page has their “Add to cart” button - if I use their button then I need my “Add to cart” button removed for their products or my button uses their script to open their cart process in a popup window
  • My product details page needs to look appealing with their page in an iframe - I use a 22" wide screen monitor and it looks good but doesn’t using 1024x768 - see example at [url]Clear Prop

Whilst I have listed this as a solution it is most probably only one solution and I am open to other ideas on what can be done.

I can explain with more indepth reasons and parameters why I need a solution to this if anyone is interested in this urgent paying job.

Thanks!

Hi Ian,

Where in Victoria you located?

I think I’ve got a solution for you, let me know.

Jesse

PS: If you want physical visits to discuss this let me know :wink:

Jesse

I am in Watsonia (between Heidelberg & Greensborough)

If you remember a few years back when you were setting your store up I helped you with the Aussie Post settings

I will PM you contact details and thanks!

If you have 2 stores one for USA and another for Australia you can redirect visitors by referring country to which store you want.

We use a module to chande the shop language based on referring country.

[quote name=‘ThomH’]If you have 2 stores one for USA and another for Australia you can redirect visitors by referring country to which store you want.

We use a module to chande the shop language based on referring country.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I would do, create 2 different stores, one USA the other Australia, you could then hardcode a pull-down menu to change store languages which would flip you back/forth between the USA or Austrailian stores, on the more advanced side you may be able to integrate a mod that will automatically direct you to the correct store based on the referring ip address, basically a geo ip location similar to maxmind, also will the Suppliers Addon not work? I haven’t used it so I don’t know if you can setup different currencies for different products, if not it may be a simple modification for cs custom dev to do for you…

I am not sure if I am following correctly but one of the big problems is I make 15% on any products that I sell from the US supplier. This 15% can turn into a loss if the US store changes their prices without me monitoring every one of their 000’s of products.

I can only sell their products here for the same price that they have on their website