UPS Real Time not showing up without both state and zip

Hi all,

I’m setting up my first store so I’m getting familiar with how things work. One problem I am having with UPS real time is it will only show up in the shipping calculator if I select the state and enter the zip code. USPS rates will appear with either just the state or just the zip code.

Is this normal behavior? I normally enter just my zip for this. This means that shoppers without accounts will not see the UPS shipping options unless they enter both state and zip, which seems a bit unusual.

Is this normal/abnormal? Does it have anything to do with localizations (which I have not set up)?

Thanks,

Daniel

Yes, it is normal behavior in determining Realtime rate calculations from UPS or Fedex, a zip code is required as these parcel delivery companies calculate their rates at a more granular level versus the US Postal Service.

PS: Don't confuse “Locations” with “Localizations”

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1361905944' post='156439']

Yes, it is normal behavior in determining Realtime rate calculations from UPS or Fedex, a zip code is required as these parcel delivery companies calculate their rates at a more granular level versus the US Postal Service.

[/quote]

I do understand the need for a zip code, which by default should provide state information. However, are you saying that both the state and the zip code need to be selected for UPS to return rates or just the zip code?

If that is the case it seems like most people will enter their zip code and think we only offer USPS.

Thanks,

Daniel