Upgrading to multi-vendor

I’m coming together pretty well with my CS-cart pro store and I’m getting really excited about it. This is going to be a great tool for us. I think there’s a pretty good chance that I’m going to want to upgrade to the multi-vendor platform rather soon. Am I going to have to redo everything in my setup, as in start over, or will most or even all of it stay the same? Skins? Database? Pages? Would I be wise to do the upgrade NOW, before everything is configured, even though I only have one vendor at the moment (me).

I’ve got merchandise in several different locations throughout the country and I’m thinking of using the location as ‘manufacturer’. Ideally I would like a URL associated with each location but with a shared database that has everything in it no matter where it’s located. When someone goes to Dallasxxx.com they see the same overall site but with a slightly different logo, with featured products that are located in Dallas and possibly with a different banner advertisement. Everything else and the underlyind database will be the same. Someone who goes to Seattlexxx.com will get a Seattle version, etc. Is this going to be possible? Does it require a separate license for each location? Is it better suited for the multi-vendor version?

Neil,

[QUOTE]I’ve got merchandise in several different locations throughout the country and I’m thinking of using the location as ‘manufacturer’. Ideally I would like a URL associated with each location but with a shared database that has everything in it. When someone goes to Dallasxxx.com they see the same overall site but with a slightly different logo and with featured products that are located in Dallas and possibly with a different banner. Everything else and the underlyind database will be the same. Someone who goes to Seattlexxx.com will get a Seattle version, etc. Is this going to be possible? Does it require a separate license for each location? Is it better suited for the multi-vendor version?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe what you really should be considering is the upcoming “Multi-Store Version” which should be ideal for the needs you mention. CS-Cart mentioned having this available towards end of summer, or there is a 3rd party version of this currently available at the following:

[url]http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-multishop-add-on.html[/url]

I notice there are alot of people confusing these two different versions, however, there are major differences between “Multi Vendor” & “Multi Store”, so be sure to understand the purpose of each.