Upgrading From 2.1.1 To 2.2.5 To Then Go 4.3X Back To Basic Skin First?

Hi All

I am wondering if I need to go back to the basic skin before my upgrade?

I only want the products and images and client data intact, to then do a Store Import in 4.3X.

I downloaded the upload the entire site 2.1.1 to a spare domain, deleted cash in admin (?cc), deleted cash folder content in the file VAR directory.

Then I have tried going back to the basic skin from a bought skin, and am loosing some of my image paths, around 65% of them. Any ideas?

I have lost SOOOO many hours unpaid on this work it is untrue....

Please anyone.

Are the seo addon paths set the same in your new store as your old ?

Can you give an example of an image path that is "lost"? Generally image association is in the DB and doesn't have a lot to do with a properly written theme. But if you're using a custom theme then they may not use the internal cs-cart 'image pairs' concept and hence "paths' that are related to something in your customer theme may have no context in the standard themes.

Good point. In the old store it is SEO URLs, but the new install is default so not url rewrite yet. Can this mess up the image paths? The images that are missing are the thumbnails and detailed images, not ones added in the text area descriptions of an item.

It is odd, I did this same update from 2.1 to 2.2.5 last year on this same site, and it worked then. The images vanish in 2.2.5 not after the import to 4.3X. So the issue is in the update from 2.1 to 2.2.5.

We have made a huge amount of upgrades. The upgrade script should not mix up the images. If you still need help with this upgrade, feel free to contact us

Good point. In the old store it is SEO URLs, but the new install is default so not url rewrite yet. Can this mess up the image paths? The images that are missing are the thumbnails and detailed images, not ones added in the text area descriptions of an item.

It is odd, I did this same update from 2.1 to 2.2.5 last year on this same site, and it worked then. The images vanish in 2.2.5 not after the import to 4.3X. So the issue is in the update from 2.1 to 2.2.5.

The issue requires examination on your server. Please contact us via HelpDesk.