Upgrades From 1.3.5Sp3 Through To Current Version Please?

Hi There,

Customer has been “sitting” on 1.3.5 sp3 for a few years now and now needs the additional functionality that comes with the newer/current version.

As there is no documentation left on upgrading sp for 1.3.5 I am not willing to take a wild guess as to how I should proceed.

If anyone has a doco that I could go through, or alternately if someone has some time to go through,at least to complete 1.3.5sp4 install for me so that I can proceed further I would dearly like to hear from someone.

I am in Aussie - so if we have a wiz here in Aussie it would make payments process a lot easier.

TIA

Cheers

Hello Cmebd,

[quote name='cmebd' timestamp='1308554730' post='115314']

Hi There,

Customer has been “sitting” on 1.3.5 sp3 for a few years now and now needs the additional functionality that comes with the newer/current version.

As there is no documentation left on upgrading sp for 1.3.5 I am not willing to take a wild guess as to how I should proceed.

If anyone has a doco that I could go through, or alternately if someone has some time to go through,at least to complete 1.3.5sp4 install for me so that I can proceed further I would dearly like to hear from someone.

I am in Aussie - so if we have a wiz here in Aussie it would make payments process a lot easier.

TIA

Cheers

[/quote]

Please contact us via Customer Help Desk in order that we can provide necessary script files to perform the upgrade.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Had already done that but was told that it would be about 3 weeks - or when the CS-Cart team had time. Have been waiting for some indication as to when/how that might happen?? I though it pointless to put forward another/same request when there is already a call open…

I have already downloaded files for 1.3.5sp3 to sp4 and 1.3.5sp4 to 2.08 however have no access to the process. Have ready the process for 2.0.8 to current version but that doesn't help me at the moment.

Cheers

Thank you for the reply, Cmebd.

[quote name='cmebd' timestamp='1308560505' post='115320']

Had already done that but was told that it would be about 3 weeks - or when the CS-Cart team had time. Have been waiting for some indication as to when/how that might happen?? I though it pointless to put forward another/same request when there is already a call open…

I have already downloaded files for 1.3.5sp3 to sp4 and 1.3.5sp4 to 2.08 however have no access to the process. Have ready the process for 2.0.8 to current version but that doesn't help me at the moment.

Cheers

[/quote]

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service. Unfortunately, our custom development department is too busy at the moment due to a very tight schedule. If you have active support credits, we can try to investigate the occurred problems during the upgrade process.

Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server. Also send us detailed information about the problems you experience during the upgrade process, namely, a description of errors or a problem at some step and so on.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='cmebd' timestamp='1308554730' post='115314']

Hi There,

TIA

Cheers

[/quote]

Have you not seen this article?

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name=‘whiplash13’ timestamp=‘1308573807’ post=‘115329’]

Have you not seen this article?

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[/quote]

It’s not exactly as simple as the knowledgebase dictates, multiple issues from previous upgrades manifest and come alive during the 2.0.8 upgrade. There are many upgrade ‘bugs’ that I’ve encountered over the years that change depending on the version upgrading to.

After all: 1.3.5sp4 → 2.0.8 → .9 → .10 → .11 → .12 → .13 → .14 → .15 → 2.1.1 → .2 → .3 → .4 ??? 2.2.1

Almost 15 upgrade cycles :)

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’ timestamp=‘1308576112’ post=‘115332’]

It’s not exactly as simple as the knowledgebase dictates, multiple issues from previous upgrades manifest and come alive during the 2.0.8 upgrade. There are many upgrade ‘bugs’ that I’ve encountered over the years that change depending on the version upgrading to.

After all: 1.3.5sp4 → 2.0.8 → .9 → .10 → .11 → .12 → .13 → .14 → .15 → 2.1.1 → .2 → .3 → .4 ??? 2.2.1

Almost 15 upgrade cycles :)

[/quote]

Oh I never said it was easy. I upgraded 3 carts now and they took a lot of time and work. But that is a good basis on how to migrate the database and a good place to start.

Thanks everyone for the input - unfortunately because the site is sitting at 1.3.5sp3 I would need to upgrade first to sp4 - which is where my initial problem lies - any documentation for the upgrade from 1.3.5sp3 to sp4 is not available, though I have the upgrade zip file. It would be nice if CS-Cart team could provide the documentation for me to do this… at least tthen I could start from a point where I can then get upgrades.

I have alrady been provided with the upgrades for 1.3.5sp4 to 2.0.8 and I know that the upgrade information is available here but without having the sp4 upgrade I can't go any further.

I would then like to have the site upgraded to current version (after, of course, new license/version has been purchased).

In all honesty why ask me to provide all sorts of information if you are stating that you do not have the time to do anything “yet”.

Has anyone used the cart2cart services with any feedback on how it went?

I am a little loathe to use this method as it will mean that all users will need to reset their passwords but, given feedback, it would at least provide some sort of solution for me, hopefully.

On an end note - I agree with a poster in this Forum - perhaps this forum needs to be a “help” rather than an advertisement for CS-Cart services. It seems no matter what one needs the first respons is - Customer HelpDesk. I understand the need to generate revenue however people would be more inclined to make use of it, more for enhancements and core/extension work (exciting) rather than something which should be simple - like upgrading the application.

Cheers

You can upgrade from CS-Cart 1.3.5 sp3 to sp4 using the instructions at CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Once you site is on sp4, you can use the instructions at CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation to get you to 2.0.8. Then you can upgrade to 2.1.14 with the upgrade thing built into the cart.

If you are using 1.3.5 sp3, then you might not need to purchase a new license. I don't remember when CS-Cart grandfathered a bunch of us into lifetime licenses, but you might be good to go.

Using the above methods will work to get you to the current version. The best thing to do is to put a copy of your site on a testing server and upgrade it first. Then you can either move the upgraded site over to your live server or, if you feel comfortable, just upgrade your live site.

Be sure to backup everything first.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Brandon

Brandon - you are a gem!!! that was all I needed to start the process!! Thanks a million!!

I will start the process and see how I go. I am looking forward to using the new version(s) CS-Cart on the live store, have already re-skinned in preparation - just the date (what's the use of a shop without something in it :-0)

Yup I purchased back in 2007 and found the email stating the upgrade/maintenance plans.

Cheers

Christine

[quote name='cmebd' timestamp='1308614926' post='115391']

Brandon - you are a gem!!! that was all I needed to start the process!! Thanks a million!!

I will start the process and see how I go. I am looking forward to using the new version(s) CS-Cart on the live store, have already re-skinned in preparation - just the date (what's the use of a shop without something in it :-0)

Yup I purchased back in 2007 and found the email stating the upgrade/maintenance plans.

Cheers

Christine

[/quote]

Good luck can't wait to see how it turns out.