Upgrade To 4.3.6 Bad Problem With Edit Order

I upgraded to version 4.3.6 today. I am having trouble with the edit order functionality. When we first login and edit an order it will edit the order. We click and save the order. Then if we proceed to edit another order it displays the 1st order we edited. No Matter which order we choose it displays the first order we edited. If I add a note in the staff note it modifies the order we were intending to modify not the one it is displaying. I really need this fixed. Sometime it does not display all the new orders.

Mark

I upgraded to version 4.3.6 today. I am having trouble with the edit order functionality. When we first login and edit an order it will edit the order. We click and save the order. Then if we proceed to edit another order it displays the 1st order we edited. No Matter which order we choose it displays the first order we edited. If I add a note in the staff note it modifies the order we were intending to modify not the one it is displaying. I really need this fixed. Sometime it does not display all the new orders.

Mark

We received your request regarding this matter via Help Desk. We will contact you in the corresponding ticket as soon as we get any results

Suggest you report these type of issues to bugtracker so that they are visible to others and they can confirm the same behavior. The fix/solution than also becomes visible. The helpdesk rarely publishes issues/solutions so the community has to do it ourselves.

We can confirm the same behavior. It's a matter that has to do with cache. If you keep on pressing Ctrl+F5 (depending on your OS and browser) to refresh the page without using content from the browser cache, the backend is working fine.

We have tried to change the session cache and backend cache methods from file, database, redis on the config.local.php but no change.

On the other hand, our hosting provider is using CloudLinux which does not support redis on PHP 7. We have changed to database for caching and switched to PHP 7 but again no difference.

We are very disappointed on CS.Cart and during the last upgrades it has cost us a lot of money and time to follow. Every time we are one step before switching to different platform.

I have opened a ticket to support but since there will be a National Holiday, we will have to wait.

Hope one of the other forum members will find a solution about this.

I have also opened a bag tracker issue with number #006283.

After a restore of the Core backup that was done automatically, I reverted back to 4.3.5

The problem was that since Friday that I did the upgrade, all changes were lost!!! Imagine all orders, client data, products and all changes were lost!

Before the restore, I did fortunately a backup of 4.3.6 database...

I tried to restore my 4.3.6 backup to my 4.3.5 restored site and then I had the biggest problem! Site not working... I was getting Site is temporarily closed for maintenance at the admin! I searched and found on Google to enable developer mode and I found that a file named database.php had an error and I tried to fix it. I did and when I logged back in to the admin area, the order statuses were not working... I wanted to kill myself...

After some thought, I had a nice idea! Why not install a fresh copy of 4.3.6 and restore the backup I had made?

This is what I did and after some time, my site is working really good and fast!!!

Now, I have PHP 7 enabled and the site is working like a charm!!!

My advice: Keep a copy of your site under a subfolder and experiment on that BEFORE you touch your live store!!!

My next upgrade will be done following my advice...

Hope I have helped...

Mark

The issue is caused by bug in CS-Cart 4.3.6. The fix is ready. We will provide it after testing

After a restore of the Core backup that was done automatically, I reverted back to 4.3.5

The problem was that since Friday that I did the upgrade, all changes were lost!!! Imagine all orders, client data, products and all changes were lost!

Before the restore, I did fortunately a backup of 4.3.6 database...

I tried to restore my 4.3.6 backup to my 4.3.5 restored site and then I had the biggest problem! Site not working... I was getting Site is temporarily closed for maintenance at the admin! I searched and found on Google to enable developer mode and I found that a file named database.php had an error and I tried to fix it. I did and when I logged back in to the admin area, the order statuses were not working... I wanted to kill myself...

After some thought, I had a nice idea! Why not install a fresh copy of 4.3.6 and restore the backup I had made?

This is what I did and after some time, my site is working really good and fast!!!

Now, I have PHP 7 enabled and the site is working like a charm!!!

My advice: Keep a copy of your site under a subfolder and experiment on that BEFORE you touch your live store!!!

My next upgrade will be done following my advice...

Hope I have helped...

The database structure in different CS-Cart versions may differ, so we do not recommend to restore the database from one CS-Cart version in another version. We are glad to hear that you managed to restore the installation.

I have updated to 4.3.6 and I got Service unavilable page and cant access by getting error CTRL + u It show

PHP Fatal Error

Cannot use string offset as an array

Error at

app/Tygh/Settings.php, line: 641

Backtrace

They must have blown the fix from http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6283-upgrade-to-436-admin-backend-cache-does-not-refresh/

Note that cs-cart has now gone backward in that they are updating archives of the product so no one can figure out what version of 4.3.6 they might have installed. Grr... I thought this was resolved years ago when the practice was rampant.

I have updated to 4.3.6 and I got Service unavilable page and cant access by getting error CTRL + u It show

PHP Fatal Error Message Cannot use string offset as an array Error at app/Tygh/Settings.php, line: 641 Backtrace

Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Please refer to the following page regarding the original issue in this topic:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6283-upgrade-to-436-admin-backend-cache-does-not-refresh/

Just to confirm,

I've now an issue with

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /public_html/app/Tygh/Settings.php on line 641

The issue seems to be with installs with multiple storefronts....

Just to confirm,

I've now an issue with

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /public_html/app/Tygh/Settings.php on line 641

The issue seems to be with installs with multiple storefronts....

Please contact us via HelpDesk and provide temporary access to your server so that we could examine the issue.

And please post results of that investigation here.

Commenting out the line, refresh the storefront and the store is back to life again,

And then remove the commented line and it continues to work,

However changing a Banner via the Marketing Tool broke it again when I saved it,

So I think it may be down to cache problem

Leaving the line commented out breaks PayPal, so not a solution either