Upgrade script 1.3.5 SP4 to 2.0.7

Any chance to have it by tomorrow (28/08 )? I need to complete the upgrade and reopen the store on monday! :expressionless:

If it’s really in a hurry, please upgrade to 2.0.6 first and then update from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7. The first step is critical but should be no problem if your current store doesn’t have a lot of customizations.

[quote name=‘joe’]If it’s really in a hurry, please upgrade to 2.0.6 first and then update from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7. The first step is critical but should be no problem if your current store doesn’t have a lot of customizations.[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly what I don’t want to do, considering the so many issues users had in upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7… not to mention that 2.0.6 is no longer available for download!

The upgrade script should be released together with the new versions, not after a while… that’s not serious for a commercial software!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

[quote name=‘Mr.Wolf’]That’s exactly what I don’t want to do, considering the so many issues users had in upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7… not to mention that 2.0.6 is no longer available for download!

The upgrade script should be released together with the new versions, not after a while… that’s not serious for a commercial software!! :mad: :mad: :mad:[/QUOTE]

Try it and you may not have the problem. If you can manage to upgrade to 2.0.6, update to 2.0.7 will be very easy.

I have a lot of customization in 2.0.6 and I can still upgrade to 2.0.7 without any problem. Hope this will help you to do the only right thing to get your store running as soon as possible.

BTW, I do agree with you about the upgrade script timing, should be the same time with the new release.

Good luck.

[quote name=‘joe’]Try it and you may not have the problem. If you can manage to upgrade to 2.0.6, update to 2.0.7 will be very easy.

I have a lot of customization in 2.0.6 and I can still upgrade to 2.0.7 without any problem. Hope this will help you to do the only right thing to get your store running as soon as possible.

BTW, I do agree with you about the upgrade script timing, should be the same time with the new release.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I can’t download 2.0.6 anymore, so I can’t upgrade to 2.0.6 and than to 2.0.7.

I did some tests on a local installation with 2.0.4, now that I was ready to upgrade the live store I can’t because the 2.0.7 script is not ready and 2.0.6 is no longer available. That’s unacceptable for a commercial software!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I would appreciate a reply from cs-cart… when will you release the (tested and prefectly working) upgrade script??

[quote name=‘Mr.Wolf’](tested and prefectly working)[/QUOTE]

Now that’s funny!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Now that’s funny!!!:p[/QUOTE]

I’m not laughing :expressionless:

Someone from cs-cart may reply please??

Well if you want something “tested and working perfectly” I highly recommend you not using version 2 for quite some time.

I doubt you will get a response directly from CS here in the forums.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Well if you want something “tested and working perfectly” I highly recommend you not using version 2 for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

I’m talking about the upgrade script, not the software. I want a script that doesn’t screw up the store instead of upgrading it… am I asking too much? That’s a commercial software, not a free open source project!

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I doubt you will get a response directly from CS here in the forums.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what’s the forum for than…

[quote name=‘Mr.Wolf’]I wonder what’s the forum for than…[/QUOTE]

The forum is for all of us to work together as a “community” to help solve each others problems. I’ve been on here for quite a while now and this forum is great and there is no way I could do my site without it.

Brandon

[quote name=‘Mr.Wolf’]I’m talking about the upgrade script, not the software. I want a script that doesn’t screw up the store instead of upgrading it… am I asking too much? That’s a commercial software, not a free open source project!

[/QUOTE]

Script 135 SP4 to 2.04 did not screw up my store, I am on 2x for few months now…

[QUOTE]

I wonder what’s the forum for than…[/QUOTE]

Use helpdesk to get direct responds

[quote name=‘Darius’]Script 135 SP4 to 2.04 did not screw up my store, I am on 2x for few months now…

[/QUOTE]

I used the script 1.3.5 to 2.0.4 to test the upgrade locally, it worked fine. But I don’t want to upgrade to 2.0.6 and immediately to 2.0.7 considering the issues that so many people is having with this upgrade (and I couldn’t do that anyway since 2.0.6 is no longer available for download - there’s only 2.0.7 in my file area).

It’s ridiculous that cs-cart doesn’t release the new upgrade script together with the new version!

[quote name=‘Mr.Wolf’]I used the script 1.3.5 to 2.0.4 to test the upgrade locally, it worked fine. But I don’t want to upgrade to 2.0.6 and immediately to 2.0.7 considering the issues that so many people is having with this upgrade (and I couldn’t do that anyway since 2.0.6 is no longer available for download - there’s only 2.0.7 in my file area).

It’s ridiculous that cs-cart doesn’t release the new upgrade script together with the new version![/QUOTE]

I was trying to upgrade to 2.07 with 25-8-2009 release and I got white screen, but support fixed it very quickly (they fix bugs for free). Today I have upgraded my localhost install with 2.06 to 2.07 with no error.