Upgrade package broken/ manual upgrade

I tried to upgrade my test cart from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 and I’m getting a message saying that the upgrade package is broken and I need to download it again. I refresh the list but it still does the same thing (package dated 8/26). Does anyone know if this is a problem on my end or cscart? Did they freeze the package because it has so many issues?

Also, I was wondering if anyone manually upgraded by adding just the new files via ftp and then running uc_upgrade.php. does this work and make the message on the backend go away? I really hate the upgrade system. I feel more in control doing it piece by piece so I know which files are causing errors. I was hoping to take my old route of manually upgrading my test cart, then copying files to real cart, then run the database upgrade. Does this work for 2.0? I feel completely frozen. Damned if I upgrade, damned if I don’t.

I manually upgraded, I just downloaded the upgrad package and applied the .sql patch to my existing db, then re-skinned the site which for me was easy because it’s almost a stock skin, then just re-installed all my custom addons, I’m getting ready to upload the new site late tonight…

Thanks Sno. When you say download the upgrade package, where are you finding it? It’s not in my helpdesk, just the entire cart. Thanks.

I don’t know where Sno gets his, but it is downloaded into the folder:

var/upgrade

I think it is called uc.tgz. I think that once you start the upgrade process a folder is made named whatever the upgrade is.

I could be wrong so don’t hold me to it.

Brandon

I unzipped the uc.tgz. file. I don’t know what it is, but the files don’t match the list in the upgrade function on the backend. Am seriously considering reverting back to my saved 1.3.5 cart…