Upgrade from Community to Professional

I’m considering starting to program around the community edition, then moving up to the professional edition when the store proves itself to be working well. I’ll make a custom skin and and obviously create the database around the community version. Will upgrading be a simple matter of entering a new license number? Or will I be creating a bunch of extra work for myself or paid staff by starting cheap?

Thanks!

[quote name='robb@aquarianaudio.com' timestamp='1314137397' post='120176']

I'm considering starting to program around the community edition, then moving up to the professional edition when the store proves itself to be working well. I'll make a custom skin and and obviously create the database around the community version. Will upgrading be a simple matter of entering a new license number? Or will I be creating a bunch of extra work for myself or paid staff by starting cheap?

Thanks!

[/quote]

Hello, robb@aquarianaudio.com!

We have developed a special script thanks to which it is possible to automatically upgrade store's database and files from CS-Cart Community to CS-Cart Professional or from CS-Cart Professional to CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Edition. You can find the details of this process here:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Please note that design and code changes should be made once again in CS-Cart Professional if CS-Cart Community is used first.

[quote name='orangegirl' timestamp='1314163804' post='120225']

Hello, robb@aquarianaudio.com!

Please note that design and code changes should be made once again in CS-Cart Professional if CS-Cart Community is used first.

[/quote]

Thank you for your quick reply, Kate! I saw that in the knowledge base, but I still appreciate the link. It is this second paragraph that I am concerned with. So you are saying that the upgrade will revert back to a stock configuration? I don't plan to do any custom coding during this trial phase other than the skin. Will I just have to load the custom skin again? Will there be any obsolete artifacts of the community edition that will clutter the files?

Thanks again! Robb

Hello, Robb!

I am sorry for the delay in answering.

As the files may differ, we do not recommend just to overwrite the new files with the old ones. There is the ability to check the changes which have been made to the files. Here you can find more information about this:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I hope it will help you.