Upgrade From 2.2.4 To Latest

I'm still using 2.2.4 on a dedicated server running php 5.3.29 and mysql 5.5.24. i have roughly 15,000 orders, 7000 customers and 8000 items I'd like to retain.

There's a couple addons that concern/ are important to me like WG Back in Stock and a custom shipping thing I had done, but neither is a deal breaker.

What's the best way for me to go about this upgrade? I've read several different things and I guess I'm a bit confused. Exporting? stepped upgrading through versions? or what? Is PHP going to be a problem? Do I install new version to another directory then import? What is retained and what is lost?

Any tips or where to look for instructions?

Upgrading will involve many steps because you can't go from 2.2.4 to 4.3.3 in one go

unless you do a fresh install of 4.3.3 and import your data. 4.3.3 also requires php 5.4 minimum

or it will run ( if at all ) like a dog. Check your personal messages.

I found this page which covers the step by step, seems pretty straight-forward for anyone in the same situation:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Any extra tips or things to watch out for not mentioned here?

So the latest version of cs-cart will run on 5.3.29 I take it? After the conversion is final I could then upgrade PHP to latest version for my server?

Is it advisable to install the trial version and do a test import and see how that goes and if all goes well then purchase full version or is there anything negative about doing this vs starting with full licensed version?

Why buy the full version if you already ( I presume ) own a lifetime license for 2.2.4 ?

All you need do is purchase the Prolongation Package at $160.00 and you will

be entitled to upgrades for 12 months.

You are correct sir!

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Note: the Store import module was removed from 4.3.3 version. You can install version 4.3.2, make an import and then upgrade up to 4.3.3 version[/font][/color]

dotell…get that special some one to do it. I had a near heart attack once thinking I had mistakenly deleted all my images…lol

I recently upgraded one of my sites from 2.01 to the latest version. To do this I copied the entire site and SQL to my local computer and got it running under my local windows WAMP server. Then I started the upgraded process. One version at a time until I reached 3.06. Then I used the new store import script. It took several times before I got the PHP settings correct before it would complete without stalling. But after about three days struggling with, it I finally got it upgraded to the latest. Then I simply copied all the files and SQL to the real server. Note, I am very familiar with cs-cart and this was still not an easy process. DO not try this on a Live server. First you have more control on a local windows server, especially if you mess up and need to try again (which I had to do several times).

I don't wish this headache on anyone. Cs-cart definitely needs to rethink their upgrade process (going through one version at a time during upgrade is so primitive), especially on old stores that are very large (tens of thousands of customers, products and product options). I also found it worked better if you uninstall ALL addons before trying to upgrade. Then enable the ones you need when finally complete.

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1440331292' post='227617']

dotell…get that special some one to do it. I had a near heart attack once thinking I had mistakenly deleted all my images…lol

[/quote]

If you are interested, we can perform the upgrade on our own server.

Hello.

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1440331292' post='227617']

[/quote]

We also can offer upgrade service. Feel free to contact us.

Yes dotell. With that many products I would be getting someone else to do it.

Experts probably have a good working knowledge of short cuts.

Do you really want to Export then Import gigs of images many many times ?

It doesn't hurt to ask for a quote.

We love complex tasks :)