Upgrade 2.07 v² more errors...

edit :[COLOR=“Red”] !! DO NOT REMOVED MANUALLY YOUR CS CART COOKIE… or you wont be able to log as admin !![/COLOR]

My first attempt to upgrade to 207 failed , I could rever to 2.06

I now have upgraded to 207 release 2 , the upgrade went fine… so it seems at first…

the front store was working properly and The statistic bug I had was gone !

But:

• CScart keep telling me that "A new version of CS-Cart is available! Please update now. "

• I can not log off from the admin panel from Firefox

• I can not log in from IE

Be warned…

reverted to 206 => everything works fine

upgraded again but this time from IE

almost the same problem

=> can not log out

=> CScart think he is not up to date

BUT

=> could log with Firefox (in fact it did not ask me to log in) I auto accessed the admin

FROM FIREFOX

CSCART did not tell me that he was not upgraded (IE still does)

BUT I can not either LOG OFF

=> they probably change the upgrade notification to a cookie based solution…

And seems the cokie(s) are buged…

[COLOR=“Red”]!!! DO NOT REMOVED MANUALLY YOUR CS CART COOKIE… !![/COLOR]

[SIZE=“6”]

I just tried and I can no longer log as admin !

[/SIZE]

[quote name=‘rdr’][COLOR=“Red”]!!! DO NOT REMOVED MANUALLY YOUR CS CART COOKIE… !![/COLOR]

[SIZE=“6”]

I just tried and I can no longer log as admin !

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Just trying to help you work through this… admin.php was updated in this package. Did you clear the cache? i.e. delete contents of var/cache, var/compiled/admin directories?

Not saying it will solve everything but often I have issues with loading admin/customer pages if I don’t clear the cache after an upgrade. Although I think it generally tries to clear the cache when the process is complete.

Hi,

Yes i did cler the cache, I submited the issue to cscart.

They notice the same problem, there conclusion was

“there is someting wrong with your server config that prevent the upgrade to fully upgrade all files”

I have no idea how to fix that . I tried to install a fresh 207 on a different directory

and it work like charm ! but I dont know how to move data from 206 to 207

I tried db back up restaure but i get massive db errors:

[QUOTE]

“Database error: Unknown column ‘a.regexp’ in ‘field list’ (1054)

Invalid query: SELECT a.option_id, a.option_type, a.position, a.inventory, a.product_id, a.regexp, a.required, b.option_name, b.option_text, b.description, b.inner_hint, b.incorrect_message, a.status FROM cscart_product_options as a LEFT JOIN cscart_product_options_descriptions as b ON a.option_id = b.option_id AND b.lang_code = ‘EN’ LEFT JOIN cscart_product_global_option_links as c ON c.option_id = a.option_id WHERE (a.product_id = 29783 OR c.product_id = 29783) ORDER BY a.position”[/QUOTE]

[quote]

“there is someting wrong with your server config that prevent the upgrade to fully upgrade all files”

[/quote]

That’s almost as good as “can’t reproduce in the standard cs-cart” and then a few weeks later getting “this problem has been solved and will be available in 2.0.7”. So tired of hearing can’t reproduce problems or that “it isn’t a bug since the functionality was never completely implemented.”.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]That’s almost as good as “can’t reproduce in the standard cs-cart” and then a few weeks later getting “this problem has been solved and will be available in 2.0.7”. So tired of hearing can’t reproduce problems or that “it isn’t a bug since the functionality was never completely implemented.”.[/QUOTE]

That’s the one that gets on my nerves, along with “it’s not a bug because it was designed that way”. The latter is often a demonstration of a mistake meeting obstinence and, ultimately, a failure to address your customer’s legitimate concerns and complaints.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]That’s the one that gets on my nerves, along with “it’s not a bug because it was designed that way”. The latter is often a demonstration of a mistake meeting obstinence and, ultimately, a failure to address your customer’s legitimate concerns and complaints.

Bob[/QUOTE]

CS-cart has really sharp developers. They do quality work (mostly) and construct things well so they can be extended in the future.

However…

They are missing the whole “communicate with your customers” piece. They are obviously not merchants running real online businesses that sell a variety of products, otherwise they wouldn’t do any of the silly things they do (from a functionality perspective). It’s all the little things like putting the box for re-entering payment information after the 5 second error box displays at the BOTTOM of the page indicating there was some kind of problem, below the invoice (why show an invoice for a failed order? The merchant can’t ship it and the customer simply becomes confused and goes elsewhere). The customer really has no idea that their payment didn’t go through because they can’t read the box fast enough and expect that an error will be clearly called out and identified… But it “wasn’t designed that way” so it’s not a bug or a problem!!!

Has anyone ever had a dialog during the design or requirement phase with the development or even the marketing staff? They could learn a lot by selling toothbrushes and then trying to use their product to do so. They seem to think that it’s no big deal for a merchant to close their store and “try the upgrade again”. Recently they stated I should do that because the upgrade script was changed after they released 2.0.7.

From my 28+ years in this industry, you don’t release something with a version number and then make a change to it. You eat your crow and re-release it with a new version number. How can they support a product where the version number doesn’t indicate the actual revision of the product?

Most recently I submitted a very minor problem where if you have the fly-out direction being ‘left’ on the TABs, the graphic is an arrow on the right that points to the right. They had the gall to state that it wasn’t a bug because if they had intended a different css class for left versus right (and a differnt directional graphic) they would have done it that way. It’s a really minor issue but the response made me livid! The attitude of “we know all” is misguided and does not improve the product.

They use AJAX where it’s not necessary and then when it fails (due to the nature of it being asynchronous) you can never see anything that identifies the problem. It just goes off into outer space. The javascript for this product has changed so much over time I’ve quit trying to keep track of it. The conditional behavior based on browsers and browser version is starting to dominate the code. This indicates a poor design or at least a poor implementation.

Okay, I’m off my soap box now… But the regression of 2.0.7 is huge and no one is willing to talk about it or provide any info on how they plan to fix these quality issues in the future. If you can’t have some degree of confidence that an “upgrade” will fix more than it breaks then what’s the point?

I currently have about 15 licenses for cs-cart. I am just about ready to sell them to the highest bidder and take my business elsewhere. Unfortunately I’m just started the launch of my product (a hosted rebranded/enhanced version of cs-cart) when 2.0.7 came out. I didn’t even think to check that they broke every link in the store with the SEO changes they made. I’d assumed that something that obvious would never make it out the door.

In the 2.0.6 time frame, I was actually thinking that they might be stabilizing the product. Then along comes 2.0.7 and shatters that idea.

Not a very happy camper right now. Anyone want to buy 10 cs-cart licenses?

well I dont really know what was wrong but I fugured a way to upgrade:

=> I created a new 206 install with a new DB,

=> I used backup restaure DB to move data from my old main cscart to the new one

=> I upgraded the new 206 to 207 this went fine

=> I manualy upgraded the old main 206 to 207 (file only no DB manipulation)

=> I changed the configlocal of the old main cscart so that it would use the new DB

it works… so far…

acordeon menu does not use SEO link, but i think it’s a plugin issue not a cs cart issue

if this can help …people with trouble

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]

…Not a very happy camper right now. Anyone want to buy 10 cs-cart licenses?[/quote]

Are the licenses transferable???