Upcharge / Add-On Fee / Dropship Fee

Hi All - I'm looking for some creative ideas to a not so common need.

We dropship products for a few of our customers who like to place their orders online. The problem is we have a minimum $50 order so CS-Cart won't allow them to checkout when they don't meet that dollar amount. I've been playing around with different ways to get their cart total to $50 and make it easy for them. They all order with purchase orders so no payment is required at checkout.

I have one solution but it's going to be time consuming because I have over 5,000 products.

Here is what I've come up with:

Create a product called DROPSHIP FEE that is only available to the user group DROPSHIP. I make the DROPSHIP FEE product a required product to all other products in the store.

In my testing it works great. It only adds it once, it gets their order total where it needs to be so they can check out, and it only shows to the user group DROPSHIP... BUT... 5,000 products!

Another solution that would work is to use a Promotion. I tested it with adding a gift certificate to the cart of the user group DROPSHIP. Works great but Promotions can't add to the order total they can only discount the order total.

I also thought maybe a checkbox somewhere they could tick to add on a fee might work but it has to be before the checkout button because of the minimum order amount.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You could probably do a relatively simple addon that will behave differently (like ignore the min $50) if in group dropship. It could probably be done within your my_changes addon. Of course, this is only if you want to remove the min-cart requirement for products for members of the dropship usergroup.

Feel free to contact via "Get a quote" link in my signature with any further detailed requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote.