Unsaved Changes Warning

Hi, All -

I’ve scoured both the CS-Cart 4.1.3 user manual and this forum, and I can’t find any description of the “Unsaved changes warning” in the “Common Settings” section of the “Settings:Appearance” page.

What I would love for this feature to do is alert my customers that they’ve made changes to their cart contents on the “checkout.cart” page when they click on the “checkout” button.

Can anyone please tell me what this does and how I might be able to make use of it?

Thanks!

It's only for the backend/admin. For example, if you're creating a product or a page or whatever and you try to leave the page without saving, the warning will pop up with a choice to stay or leave the page.

And… because the logic is already in CS-Cart, it is an awesome idea to apply it to checkout for the customer frontend with its own language variables specific to the cart buttons.

[quote name='Herbaria' timestamp='1403037261' post='185942']

Hi, All -

I've scoured both the CS-Cart 4.1.3 user manual and this forum, and I can't find any description of the “Unsaved changes warning” in the “Common Settings” section of the “Settings:Appearance” page.

What I would love for this feature to do is alert my customers that they've made changes to their cart contents on the “checkout.cart” page when they click on the “checkout” button.

Can anyone please tell me what this does and how I might be able to make use of it?

Thanks!

[/quote]

All you need is to open the design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/common/scripts.tpl

and replace:

changes_warning: /*'{$settings.Appearance.changes_warning|escape:javascript nofilter}'*/'N',

to

changes_warning: /*'{$settings.Appearance.changes_warning|escape:javascript nofilter}'*/'Y',

Note: it can display a warning message on the pages where it is not necessary